• Seahorse
  • Reef only - contrasting disgustingly bright softies/morphs/rics
Any advice is definitely welcome :worship

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Depends what kind of gobies :p

24L is fairly limited in terms of inhabitants. I have no experience whatsoever with seahorses (and don't really like them haha), so can't advise there.

Let me pull out my favourite nano fish resource ... http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/74703-lgreens-ultimate-guide-to-nano-fish/
Not saying its gospel, but I find it to be a great guide.

0.5g Pico (1.9 L) (Includes Red Sea 0.5g Deco Art) (1 extra small fish)

-Blue Neon Goby**
-Catalina Goby [cold water]
-Clown Gobies**
-Eviota Gobies
-Panda (Clown) Goby
-Redhead Goby**
-Trimma Goby
-Yellow Neon Goby**

2.5g Pico - 5g (9.46 - 18.93 L) (Includes 2.5g Minibow, Eclipse Explorer, JBJ 3g Pico, 5g Minibow) (1 fish)

All of the above plus:
-Citron Goby
-Green Banded Goby (added by c'est ma)**

6-7g (~26.5 L) (Includes 6g Fluval Edge, 7g Minibow, 6g Eclipse, 6g CPR, 6g Nano Cube, 8g Aquawave) (1-2 fish)

Note: Keep in mind that the display area of all-in-one tanks hold less water than the total tank since some of that water is in the filtration area. When picking out fish, pick fish based on the display area volume, not the total tank volume.

All of the above plus:
-Ocellaris Clownfish (False Percula)** (1, if you want a pair, move up to 10g+)
-Percula Clownfish (True Percula)** (1, if you want a pair, move up to 10g+)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Depends what kind of gobies :p

24L is fairly limited in terms of inhabitants. I have no experience whatsoever with seahorses (and don't really like them haha), so can't advise there.

Let me pull out my favourite nano fish resource ... http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/74703-lgreens-ultimate-guide-to-nano-fish/
Not saying its gospel, but I find it to be a great guide.
Yes definitely limited. I don't want to put anything in there that will be unhappy. The LFS I spoke to said that seahorses would do well as long as there was something for them to hold onto. Thanks for that resource!

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Too small for seahorses but a coral goby and some really bright in your face morphs/rics would look great.

And grats on winning the tank!

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Too small for seahorses but a coral goby and some really bright in your face morphs/rics would look great.

And grats on winning the tank!
Thanks Les! :D That's what I thought - it's only teeeeensy. Definitely going for morphs/rics. I have a rock piece that looks just like a tree sump, so I'm planning on sticking on a green hammer so it looks like a tree :)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Added 12/9/2013:

Zoas from the frag meet (and some very sneaky xenia?) and one of my duncan frags
IMG_0585.jpg

Green tipped torch from the frag meet:
IMG_0584.jpg

aqua torch frag from DT
IMG_0588.jpg

Orangy/gold torch frag from DT
IMG_0583.jpg

Duncan frag from DT
IMG_0587.jpg

Purple and pink morphs:
IMG_0586.jpg

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Time for an update 6/12/13

Added a few frags from the Reeflections christmas party, and over the last month have been adding various frags and lovelies from a frag day I attended and from some special Facebook purchases :D Coral goby and yellow goby are doing very well - very fat on brine spirulina brine shrimp.

IMG_1130.jpg

I didn't acclimate the poor acro so it's probably going to be a little whiter by morning but fingers crossed:
IMG_1131.JPG IMG_1133.JPG

Nice zoas and a button coral. The yellow goby is in your face all the time, a really awesome fish.
IMG_1137.JPG IMG_1136.JPG IMG_1138.JPG