Reef Discussion

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
How about a turquiose, red and royal blue?

If they are available let me know and I will trasfer some $$$ ASAP

Cheers
Jack.
As soon as I replied to Josh I knew that you wouldn't be far behind :p

I am pretty sure that I will have these 3 available but I just need to double check my numbers - give me a couple of days and I will get back to you.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I had 2 royal blue 2 cool white and one uv over an ibox and shit looked so cash :p it sent my orange Ric an awesome sunset pink colour per about a months tine

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
It always opened properly and nothin else was effected which included a toxic torch a little hammer a nano blue clam and a heap of zoos ?

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I have found my purples in my tri-color acro love it, struggling with pink on the other hand. But dont have much to compare it to just yet.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
It always opened properly and nothin else was effected which included a toxic torch a little hammer a nano blue clam and a heap of zoos ?
the mentioned can easily handle led intensity, that's why I doubted that the Ric could.

newbiereef

Nov 8, 2011
gracemere
My LED unit for my mantis tank has the LEDS glued on with high temperature silicone.... It transfers heat really well, sticks really really well and is easy to use! I read about a lot of people using it on planted tanks but I have no long term test results, my unit however,the body gets very hot with out the fan on which leads me to believe that the silicone is doing its job of transfering the heat from the diodes to the body/heatsink.
what type of silly cone are u using and where do u get from im interested?

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
car exhaust gasket silicone is the one I used. I have moved away from using silicone as I had an LED burn out. The others on the same fixture are ok so I dont know if it was the silicone or something else...

I have been using arctic alumina epoxy on my latest fixture... Very happy with it!

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
What are you supplementing with to encourage your pinks?
Your latest posts in you TJ made me think of this thread.

At the moment not a lot just feed them reef roids, amino acids a couple times a week, and just keeping on track with water changes. After having a bit of a chat with one of the local guys he suggested keeping my eye on potassium levels, which I will be buying a test kit for this week as I have never tested for it before. Although over the past 3 weeks I have had a shortcake acro which browned out in my nano (only sps which did) in my 4ft and am noticing pink coming back to the tips and some polyp extension which i havent seen for a while, so hoping it will make a come back. I'm going to up my water changes to double a week and see if that helps with growth also.

I also read that the red sea coral color kit recommends iodine for pinks.