Off-Topic

Hi my name is V

My biggest achievement is recapturing burps in glass bottles and storing them next to the coloured sand ones!
Im a bit of a tossa with a quirky sense of humour and dont have a single clue what the story is with salt water - other than it tastes different than my normal drinking type!

I was definitely dropped too many times as a child, hence my current predicament ;)
Best intro ever

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Lol 'vspec' my God son you do alright for being dropped on your head a few times. Certainly give me food for thought especially on the more techy subjects! I'd hate to see how smart you'd be if you had a 'regular' upbringing.. ;)

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Wow its pretty hard to follow up after that. lol

Well my names Will, and celebrated the 8th anniversary of my 21st bday ;) , and I'm sure a few members here have seen me bouncing around the DIY threads in other forums. Saying I'm a bit of a DIY head is a little bit of an understatement. As far as I'm concerned if its brand new, it can work harder with a bit of tinkering (I'm surprised my PS3 hasn't been touched yet. But now that I mention it...)
Constantly on the go, constantly thinking, tinkering, and constantly doing something to stupid to hurt myself, whether that be on the back of a minimotoX, working on cars, or spurting blasphemy out my mouth when I hit my head on that tank stand while trying to improve something in the sump.
Currently have a TL-450 with a DIY LED retrofit, but currently working on a tall tank which my fiancee wants to take over for seahorses. We'll see about that one...

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Similar - might have to have a discussion sometime on whether we are putting too many LED's over our tanks with the DIY builds. I have been thinking about this since a number of commercial products have been released over the last few months with a significantly reduced number of LED's.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Similar - might have to have a discussion sometime on whether we are putting too many LED's over our tanks with the DIY builds. I have been thinking about this since a number of commercial products have been released over the last few months with a significantly reduced number of LED's.
What? you trying to say over kill is a thing of the past? :rolleyesBigger is better my uncle always told me, that way if it's to big or you got to much, it just mean's you'll do it easy.
:)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
What? you trying to say over kill is a thing of the past? :rolleyesBigger is better my uncle always told me, that way if it's to big or you got to much, it just mean's you'll do it easy.
:)
Agree, and lets not forget that CREE 3w LED's are designed to be driven at 350mA so there is no problem in turning them down.

Baldy

Oct 21, 2011
Hillside VIC
Hi names Paul
Really just tring to get my 20th post
But anyway
Been into freshwater tropical for 40 odd years
just got into marine 6 months ago as a friend gave me a 4 x 18 x 18 tank with stand, sump and skimmer and lots of rock
Dead by the time i got it but still brilliant to scape with
Tank turned out to be fairly badly scratched inside but still as my first marine absolutely rapt with how it is going so far

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
hi my name is Adam and im an aquaholic, its been two weeks since my last fish purchase. At my worse i was selling my body for flakes and the opportunity to hear a vortech grinding away. I hope out of coming here today i may be able to walk past a fish shop without thinking "its fresh stock Thursday i need to see what has come in"