Off-Topic

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Welcome to the hobby Sarg , a great idea would be to browse the tank journals on here for ideas. Also create a tank journal etc and never be afraid to ask questions !

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Brilliant time for me to visit then, melbourne always seems to pump out its most extreme weather for me. Stop have blood catastrophes down there!

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Flooding, fires, heatwaves, 'tropical' lightning storms - it's been fun! I live on the outskirts of Melbourne in the burbs and it is strange and scary for me to see these things literally on our doorstep. My suburb was one of the worst affected by the flooding last February. I woke up in the morning and swung my feet out of bed, right into an inch of water - was a strange experience. Climate change's a bitch!

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Im going down because of your cricket ball sized hail stones on christmas day this time!

MangroveM

Apr 2, 2012
Hey all,
I am finally back on the trail to set up a marine tank & thought I would join up as I know I have alot to learn. I had my first tank in the late 80's, it did well for about 2yrs till it cooked. My second tank was about 8yrs ago that was doing great till it cooked. I am ready to take the plunge again.
Matt
Ps the name is for my ultimate.. a mangrove bonsai

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
:welcome

Hi MangroveM, some smart cookies here to help you out with any problems or up & downs you may encounter along the way. Then they will help with your tank lol. ;)
1st idea I can give you is .......get a chiller! :p

MangroveM

Apr 2, 2012
Thanks for the welcome & advice.. temperature control is part of my wacky plan that seems to be growing.. I will get a journal started & then you can all tell me I am crazy...
Matt

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Hey all,
I am finally back on the trail to set up a marine tank & thought I would join up as I know I have alot to learn. I had my first tank in the late 80's, it did well for about 2yrs till it cooked. My second tank was about 8yrs ago that was doing great till it cooked. I am ready to take the plunge again.
Matt
Ps the name is for my ultimate.. a mangrove bonsai
:welcome

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
HI Guys/girls. Im Greg, Im 30 odd, at work Im a Refrigeration Mechanic and Mechanical Engineer and Im happy to help with any mechanical quandries or Chiller problems. At home you'd think my occupation was a glass tank cleaner, though in reality I have 2 kids with the Ex, and a new baby Girl with the girlfriend (who is afar better reefer than me)....long story. I have been reefing for 3 years? now, after switching from FW.

Making the switch to the 'fuge after learning lots on another forum, and looking forward to assisting and learning more from you guys :)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I think i can speak for everyone on here in saying that it's an absolute privilege to have you on here.

For those that aren't familiar with greg in the reefing circles, contrary to his modesty, he is a very knowledgable and well respected reefer who's advice and assistance is amongst the best.

Hope you enjoy the place, I think you will find it pretty relaxed around here.

Cheers ads

V

'vspec'

Welcome dude.
Put up a chair. crack a coldie, and make sure you put your sunglasses on, that way we can be perverts without anyone knowing!

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
I think i can speak for everyone on here in saying that it's an absolute privilege to have you on here.

For those that aren't familiar with greg in the reefing circles, contrary to his modesty, he is a very knowledgable and well respected reefer who's advice and assistance is amongst the best.

Hope you enjoy the place, I think you will find it pretty relaxed around here.

Cheers ads
Thanks NiCd! I think you might be overdoing it a bit, :rolleyes but its a pleasure to be here ;)