Reef Discussion

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Iodine Dosing
HI Guys

Reading alot about iodine dosing on different websites etc. After a 'real' opinion from someone who has done this, what are your thoughts? Is it worth doing?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
If you are going to dose any trace element this would be my pick. It won't help a lick if your majors are out of wack, but if you have them right and stable. it does seem to be of some benifit

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
If you are interested I have an iodine test kit if you want to see roughly what your levels are

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I'm sure there are differences but it's something that is that subjective, I couldn't definitively say. I stick with the quality brands like bright well and red sea and haven't had any issues. I'll give you some rs one to try when you grab the test kit, but if your iodine levels are not depleted you won't see any difference.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
I dose iodine and can notice in my strawberry shortcake when i dont. It definetly helps bring out the pink in when the levels are correct.

I do only 5% water changes a fortnight though, which is why i probably need to dose it on a high demand tank.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Have you done the potassium one yet? I think that one took me like 25mins to do