Tank Journal Archive

Nick.C

Jan 10, 2013
Warwick SE/QLD
Is There Anything Else I Need?
Hi Guys, I will list the following and if anyone can let me know anything else I am missing before I fill with water and put live rock in :) Cheers :D

28L Pico Tank
Ocean Free Nano Skimmier
50w Hydor Heater
Micmol Aqua Mini Full Colour Lighting
Hydor Nano 900lph Wavemaker
10kg of Red Sea White sand
2kg of Red Sea Salt - Makes 120L?
I have test kits in Salifert which are:
  • Ammonia
  • PH
  • Alk
  • Phosphate
  • Nitrate
  • Nitrite
  • Potassium
  • Calcium

I think I have everything ready to start the cycle but just want to be sure guys. All help appreciated.

Last edited:

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Hi Guys, I will list the following and if anyone can let me know anything else I am missing before I fill with water and put live rock in :) Cheers :D

28L Pico Tank
Ocean Free Nano Skimmier
50w Hydor Heater
Micmol Aqua Mini Full Colour Lighting
Hydor Nano 900lph Wavemaker
10kg of Red Sea White sand
2kg of Red Sea Salt - Makes 120L?
I have test kits in Salifert which are:
  • Ammonia
  • PH
  • Alk
  • Phosphate
  • Nitrate
  • Nitrite
  • Potassium
  • Calcium

I think I have everything ready to start the cycle but just want to be sure guys. All help appreciated.
Looks good to me, I'd have a bucket of RO or top up water at hand - you could add an ATO to make things easier. It would also be good to get a refractometer so you can keep an eye on salinity. I found that was my biggest issue when I kept this exact tank. I would also consider popping in carbon into the back panel container thingy.

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
I think everyone forgot to tell you that you also need an endless supply of cash $$$$$$$ that you need for this hobby ...lol

Nick.C

Jan 10, 2013
Warwick SE/QLD
I have purchased a Refractomter, 60L drum for mixing salt water, 2x 50w heaters (one to heat up salt water so changes are at same temp and one for spare) 6 plug powerboard, Thermometer and glasscleaner....

I think I might be nearly set guys :) THANK FOR ALL THE HELP!

With the cash situation.... I keep and breed native and exotic parrots, Eclectus, Major Mitchell Cockatoos, Conures and all sorts of "expensive" mutations.. "getting Macaws soon". Plus I also keep and breed all sorts of snakes to ;)

Always said I wanted to own a pet shop.. so im just owning one at home LMFAO. :D

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
you'''ll be right if you need anything else, you still have a long wait looking at a tank with a few rocks in it to sort everything out :P

Nick.C

Jan 10, 2013
Warwick SE/QLD
Watching the rocks for the first 6 weeks is fun. Doing it as we speak.
Its great seeing all the life start growing as the eco system kicks off.
I CAN'T wait! just waiting for afew bits and pieces to come for Age of Aquariums and ill be set.. ill do a thread when I get rock and water in it and start cycling.