It's A Dark Day For Me

Discussion in 'Large Reef Tanks' started by Lesley, Sep 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Lesley

Lesley Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    It's a dark day for me
    When my tank burst & I lost so much
    I honestly thought that was going to be my worst day reefing ever !

But unfortunately this is now the most gut wrenching post I will ever have to make

14 weeks ago my husband of 31yrs married 39yrs together woke up and suddenly realised he didn't love me anymore
    So I've left the home and had visitation with the tank twice a week since
    We have decided it's not able to be reconciled so this weekend all my stock will be sold
    Tank emptied and broken down for sale
    I Am distraught beyond belief
    In 3 months I've lost my
    Home. My husband & now my tank
    I hope even though I won't have my tank I will still be an active helpful & useful member of this group
    I have made some wonderful friends
    I might not have a tank anymore but I still have the knowledge or I at least pretend too

So if I am a bit grumpy for a while you know why , please forgive me in advance

I hope when I have a permanent home to have a tank again but that will be a long time

I am gutted
    It was never able to reach its potential
    Thanks guys
    Goodbye my fishie friends
    Hope you find good homes
    IMG_5646.JPG
  2. Wrangy

Wrangy Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,955
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    Oh Lesley :( I am so unbelievably sorry to hear this, it brought me to tears reading this post and I truly hope nothing like this would ever happen to anyone. It's absolutely heart breaking and gut wrenching and I can't even begin to imagine how you feel.

I know I'm a state away but at the same rate if you need someone to chat to or just anything that I could help with please don't hesitate! I truly am sorry.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4,616
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    Sorry to see it happen Lesley, both personally and for your tank. As always, let me know if I can help with anything at all
    • Like Like x 2
  4. somethingfishy76

somethingfishy76 Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +691
    Australia
    State:
    qld
    So very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you, just remember there is always hope and never to give up on it.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. suta42

suta42 Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    My heart goes out to you Lesley. But I guess there's nothing comforting to say at a time like this.

Won't be easy for a long time, I experienced a different loss when dad died a few months ago. Felt like part of me went with him. :(

But resilience is probably the greatest gift you can give yourself. If you can, focus on what's in your control, not what isn't.

Kind regards,
    Angie
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Andrew B

Andrew B Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +373
    Australia
    State:
    victoria
    Oh Lesley, so sorry to hear this news. Remember its not always about the fall, its about how you get back up :)
    • Like Like x 3
  7. RobbieMVFC

RobbieMVFC Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +1,031
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    I am very sorry to read this Lesley. Your husband may no longer love you but we always will. I wish you well where ever the next chapter in your life takes you. Please remember that their is always friends here.
    We all hope you will stick around here as we need your contribution/advice and friendship.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Mattres

Mattres Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Australia
    State:
    SA
    So shattering to hear this Lesley :(You have a family here if you ever need anything.
    • Love It! Love It! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Savage Henry

Savage Henry Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +327
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Very sorry to hear Lesley. I'm normally a smart arse on Forums like this, but what you have decided to confide on this Forum, what you are going through, makes me very sad. I understand, the person who admits they no longer love the other has already made up their mind and sort of come to accept that and have sort of moved on a little. This makes it so much harder for the other half who may have had no idea the relationship was ending. And, even if they did realise it was ending, they weren't ready for it and are still not prepared for it.

A close family relative went through this and was totally devastated. However, over time this person has gotten back on their feet and are enjoying life again.

I work my arse off and don't have much of a life and have very little support from other people, but when I come home I look at my tank and although sometimes I think I should give it up, there are many hours I look at it and just love it. It gives me heaps of joy and so I hope you might once you've settled consider keeping even a two foot tank loaded with even just softies and a pair of clowns. You've got the experience under your belt now and well planned small tanks once established can be easy to keep.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lesley

Lesley Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    Thanks everyone
    I am a strong woman and I know I will be ok
    I just need time
    And I need to get rid of the tank it's creating so much sadness everytime I visit
    He's offered to keep it running till I am settled but I Couldn't manage a tank this size let along afford a house big enough to put it in
    Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement
    Xoxoxo
  11. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,132
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Unbelievable. Such sad news Lesley. You know we all wish all the very best for your future.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. gtrxu1

gtrxu1 Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    So sad to hear, I'm sure you will bounce back and have an awesome tank again in the future, best of luck.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fmxchick

Fmxchick Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    So sorry to hear Lesley. Unfortunately I was in the same predicament 7 yrs ago when my daughter was born and I know the hurt you must be feeling. The only thing I can say is that although I went through dark moments I must say I didn't really know how strong and independent I really was until this happened. After going through what I did I now feel that absolutely nothing can bring me down again. Although I was never dependent financially on my ex I was emotionally. As long as you have family and friends by your side you will come out of this an even stronger person. Best of luck to you and here's hoping sooner rather than later you get to do what brings you joy yet again, being another tank or whatever your heart desires. xx
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ezza

ezza Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Lesley, I am so very sorry to hear all of this. It's not right or fair. I wish I could take all of your animals for you... I am in the wrong state though. If you need a place to stay, you are welcome to come to stay with me, we have a spare room and you are welcome to it. I honestly mean that. Please do not feel like you are alone, because you are not and never will be.

*HUG*

All my love xxx
    • Love It! Love It! x 4
  15. ReeferRob

ReeferRob Solidarité

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,092
    United States
    State:
    Maryland
    Lesley, if I could come there and give you a big ole hug I would, I'm absolutely gutted. You have my email if you wanna talk. I don't always know what to say, but I can damn sure listen if you need an ear.
    • Like Like x 1