Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
It's A Dark Day For Me
It's a dark day for me
When my tank burst & I lost so much
I honestly thought that was going to be my worst day reefing ever !

But unfortunately this is now the most gut wrenching post I will ever have to make

14 weeks ago my husband of 31yrs married 39yrs together woke up and suddenly realised he didn't love me anymore
So I've left the home and had visitation with the tank twice a week since
We have decided it's not able to be reconciled so this weekend all my stock will be sold
Tank emptied and broken down for sale
I Am distraught beyond belief
In 3 months I've lost my
Home. My husband & now my tank
I hope even though I won't have my tank I will still be an active helpful & useful member of this group
I have made some wonderful friends
I might not have a tank anymore but I still have the knowledge or I at least pretend too

So if I am a bit grumpy for a while you know why , please forgive me in advance

I hope when I have a permanent home to have a tank again but that will be a long time

I am gutted
It was never able to reach its potential
Thanks guys
Goodbye my fishie friends
Hope you find good homes
IMG_5646.JPG

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Oh Lesley :( I am so unbelievably sorry to hear this, it brought me to tears reading this post and I truly hope nothing like this would ever happen to anyone. It's absolutely heart breaking and gut wrenching and I can't even begin to imagine how you feel.

I know I'm a state away but at the same rate if you need someone to chat to or just anything that I could help with please don't hesitate! I truly am sorry.

suta42

Aug 13, 2011
sydney
My heart goes out to you Lesley. But I guess there's nothing comforting to say at a time like this.

Won't be easy for a long time, I experienced a different loss when dad died a few months ago. Felt like part of me went with him. :(

But resilience is probably the greatest gift you can give yourself. If you can, focus on what's in your control, not what isn't.

Kind regards,
Angie

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
I am very sorry to read this Lesley. Your husband may no longer love you but we always will. I wish you well where ever the next chapter in your life takes you. Please remember that their is always friends here.
We all hope you will stick around here as we need your contribution/advice and friendship.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Very sorry to hear Lesley. I'm normally a smart arse on Forums like this, but what you have decided to confide on this Forum, what you are going through, makes me very sad. I understand, the person who admits they no longer love the other has already made up their mind and sort of come to accept that and have sort of moved on a little. This makes it so much harder for the other half who may have had no idea the relationship was ending. And, even if they did realise it was ending, they weren't ready for it and are still not prepared for it.

A close family relative went through this and was totally devastated. However, over time this person has gotten back on their feet and are enjoying life again.

I work my arse off and don't have much of a life and have very little support from other people, but when I come home I look at my tank and although sometimes I think I should give it up, there are many hours I look at it and just love it. It gives me heaps of joy and so I hope you might once you've settled consider keeping even a two foot tank loaded with even just softies and a pair of clowns. You've got the experience under your belt now and well planned small tanks once established can be easy to keep.

Last edited:

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Thanks everyone
I am a strong woman and I know I will be ok
I just need time
And I need to get rid of the tank it's creating so much sadness everytime I visit
He's offered to keep it running till I am settled but I Couldn't manage a tank this size let along afford a house big enough to put it in
Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement
Xoxoxo

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
So sad to hear, I'm sure you will bounce back and have an awesome tank again in the future, best of luck.

Fmxchick

Mar 9, 2017
So sorry to hear Lesley. Unfortunately I was in the same predicament 7 yrs ago when my daughter was born and I know the hurt you must be feeling. The only thing I can say is that although I went through dark moments I must say I didn't really know how strong and independent I really was until this happened. After going through what I did I now feel that absolutely nothing can bring me down again. Although I was never dependent financially on my ex I was emotionally. As long as you have family and friends by your side you will come out of this an even stronger person. Best of luck to you and here's hoping sooner rather than later you get to do what brings you joy yet again, being another tank or whatever your heart desires. xx

ezza

Sep 17, 2017
Wellington, NZ
Lesley, I am so very sorry to hear all of this. It's not right or fair. I wish I could take all of your animals for you... I am in the wrong state though. If you need a place to stay, you are welcome to come to stay with me, we have a spare room and you are welcome to it. I honestly mean that. Please do not feel like you are alone, because you are not and never will be.

*HUG*

All my love xxx

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Lesley, if I could come there and give you a big ole hug I would, I'm absolutely gutted. You have my email if you wanna talk. I don't always know what to say, but I can damn sure listen if you need an ear.

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Hi Lesley,
I have been absent from the site for months, focusing on the build of the extension, so I was pretty shocked to log on, and of course, find the thread for you, only to see this sad news.
Even if very belatedly, I am very sorry to hear this, especially after all the work and effort you put into your new dream tank. Something like that cannot be enjoyed unless shared, so i suppose I can understand your decision to dismantle the tank. With your enthusiasm and knowledge, I doubt you will remain without a tank for long, but can well understand your focus needs to be elsewhere for now.
For what its worth, always happy to talk, or share.

By way of brief update :-
Extension took so much longer than expected, but "more or less" done last week. My tank stand was delivered 6 weeks ago, and we built the glass on site the last 3 weeks. As it stands now, all glass done and curing. I am promised I will be allowed to put the first water in next week !! Just fresh to flush the system, and test the plumbing.
Tons still to do and buy, but got the Red Devil skimmer in, 3 chillers, 2 heaters, ordered the RO/DI from Peter at PSI, due this week. Still no final decision on lights, UV sterilizer, ATO.
Fiji rocks delivered and first 2 boxes ( 25Kg each) in the tank. :-)
Will upload some pictures now that we will have some down time, and as always happy to hear your thoughts and comments.

Cheers
Jac