Tank Journal Archive

It's All Arrived
Had a very busy weekend. We've got the tank inside, on the stand and plumbed. The sump is up and running (just inside itself at the moment). I have to confess I couldn't watch most of it, I was sure it would be dropped at some point but Rob and boys were great.

We have salt water coming on Thursday and we should have it all up and going by Saturday that means we will be able to put sand and rock in.

So close yet so far ...

Attachments

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Wow :eek
Man your tank is going to be so sweet once it's filled :cool: definitely following along, I love it!!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
What skimmer is that? Looks small in the pic, but then again - with pics of that tank, I think anything would look small!

Tank looks awesome :D

Looking forward to watching this project grow.

Being a sticky beak I have to ask, is the tank staying in front of that doorway? Also I'm wondering why you haven't clad the stand beforehand?

These are not criticisms, I wouldn't be game to try a project of that magnitude. I'm just interested. :)

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
What skimmer is that? Looks small in the pic, but then again - with pics of that tank, I think anything would look small!

Tank looks awesome :D
Have to agree with @Sam Parker - the skimmer look small for that size tank. That said, it looks about the same as my 9420 (using the powerboard for reference) which I think would handle a tank that size with the second pump so who knows.

Looking forward to see how you stock this puppy. Minimal rock, lots of sandbed and some nice coloured fish with plenty of swimming space would look great. What are your plans?

Have to agree with @Sam Parker - the skimmer look small for that size tank. That said, it looks about the same as my 9420 (using the powerboard for reference) which I think would handle a tank that size with the second pump so who knows.

Looking forward to see how you stock this puppy. Minimal rock, lots of sandbed and some nice coloured fish with plenty of swimming space would look great. What are your plans?
The skimmer is just (shouldn't say just really) for a 1500 tank and the I will add in a second one however the second one is currently on my holding tank with all my fish that are waiting for their new home!

As for plans, we will have a rock wall at the back and lots of sand and swimming room at the front. I have a few fish that have out grown the old tank and really need the room. If I didn't do this I was going to have to find them a new home.

Looking forward to watching this project grow.

Being a sticky beak I have to ask, is the tank staying in front of that doorway? Also I'm wondering why you haven't clad the stand beforehand?

These are not criticisms, I wouldn't be game to try a project of that magnitude. I'm just interested. :)
It is in front of a window and it will be staying there, we will tack on a sheet of plaster board over it once the install is finished to stop any light coming in from behind.

As for the cladding, we want to make it look like it is built into the wall when we are done. Because we have never done anything like this before we didn't want to clad the stand until we had finished all the plumbing and so on.

We have also had a few 'discussions' around what that will look like;)