Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Haha no problems. Yeah give it a while to give the nem the best chance because that can be picky little bastards :p What sort of nem are you going to get???
not sure yet. i heard that getting the nem to attach its foot to a take away lid and sticking the lid under the sand is a good way of keeping the nem in place. i wonder if it has any truth to it...

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
not sure yet. i heard that getting the nem to attach its foot to a take away lid and sticking the lid under the sand is a good way of keeping the nem in place. i wonder if it has any truth to it...
Not really, once in they will move to wherever they want. Mine was stationary for three years till for reasons unknown to me it up and moved and smothered one of my favourite chalices! It has been there ever since. Two years. It also depends on the type. Some live with the foot buried in sand, others locked in a crevice and others will climb to the top of the scape and sit in full flow. Look into where you would like it and sometimes that will dictate the variety you want and see how it goes I guess.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Not really, once in they will move to wherever they want. Mine was stationary for three years till for reasons unknown to me it up and moved and smothered one of my favourite chalices! It has been there ever since. Two years. It also depends on the type. Some live with the foot buried in sand, others locked in a crevice and others will climb to the top of the scape and sit in full flow. Look into where you would like it and sometimes that will dictate the variety you want and see how it goes I guess.
very informative. thanks for sharing your experience. it will be one of those things were careful consideration will be taken into account :)