Tank Journal Archive

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
It's Time To Start Again ...
I have had my old tank for almost 10 years and it was starting to show its age - the corner overflow was also designed for a previous house and was a bit on the ugly side.

A year or so ago I had the opportunity to purchase a fairly new second hand tank from a local reefer who was getting out of the hobby - the price was too good to refuse and it has been sitting in my shed ever since. The main advantage is the full length external over flow.

I emptied my old tank a few weeks ago and relocated everything to my shed. The new tank needs to be plumbed etc so it may take a while to get it wet, but hopefully not too long !!

I have recently had some fun photographing the Aurora Australis and really love the range of subtle colours which can be found with a strong aurora - I hope to replicate those colours with some SPS which is the reason behind the journal name ;)

Aurora5.jpg

E

ezza

I have had my old tank for almost 10 years and it was starting to show its age - the corner overflow was also designed for a previous house and was a bit on the ugly side.

A year or so ago I had the opportunity to purchase a fairly new second hand tank from a local reefer who was getting out of the hobby - the price was too good to refuse and it has been sitting in my shed ever since. The main advantage is the full length external over flow.

I emptied my old tank a few weeks ago and relocated everything to my shed. The new tank needs to be plumbed etc so it may take a while to get it wet, but hopefully not too long !!

I have recently had some fun photographing the Aurora Australis and really love the range of subtle colours which can be found with a strong aurora - I hope to replicate those colours with some SPS which is the reason behind the journal name ;)

View attachment 52856
I just had to search back through Facebook after seeing an almost identical pic from another person of the aurora. It wasn't you, but what an extraordinary pic! I want to see it sometime. Those colours are ridiculous!

Sorry... I forget the rest of the post. I loooooove Aurorae!

IJG3145

Oct 27, 2015
South Gippsland
I just had to search back through Facebook after seeing an almost identical pic from another person of the aurora. It wasn't you, but what an extraordinary pic! I want to see it sometime. Those colours are ridiculous!

Sorry... I forget the rest of the post. I loooooove Aurorae!
Trouble with the aurora is you can only see all the colours in photos. The part of the eye we use at night can't detect those colours. Great pic though. Subscribed.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Trouble with the aurora is you can only see all the colours in photos. The part of the eye we use at night can't detect those colours. Great pic though. Subscribed.
So true, and many people don't realise that and are disappointed when they find out the truth.

You can still see the movement, but more like a black and white movie rather than colour.

It is a bit different with the Aurora Borealis because that is much closer to civilisation.