Tank Journal Archive

Chriso316

May 23, 2012
Itty Bitty Tank Introduction
Little bit bored. Just finished eating a huge paleo breakfast after squatting a million tonnes doing some muscle ups and being a mad dog. Thought I would throw down some insight into my good to go tank build which will get wet around the end of July.

The tank itself has to be as low maintenance as possible for wifey to look after while I'm out doing sick stuff.

So that in mind,

Tank: 600x600x400

Sump: 600x300x400
3 section

Stand: DIY hardwood slatted with a grey wood wash. Dayum!

Filtration: I've decided on prodibio, a slow and steady system using all of their products. I don't want to mix and match brands too much until the tank is mature. I will use a skimmer not too big to prevent stripping of goodies as much as possible so NSW water changes keep up trace elements. Bubble Magus, Marine Sources or the new Reef Octopus Space saver line. No DSB, no algae to trim, no phosphate remover and for the moment no activated carbon.

Lights: 250w metal halide, stingray ballast and reflector, 20k radium globe

Pumps: Jebao Rw-4, Jebao 2000 return pump, Tunze 106s ATO pump on a Hydor smart ato.

Supplements: Kalk in ATO, Prodibio elements, fortnightly NSW water changes, leftover dinner.

The tank is being built, and overbuilt. I'm cool with that. Waiting for it to be finished.

Chriso316

May 23, 2012
Thanks!!
2 clownfish, maybe a Talbot damsel and some other cheap hardy yet good looking fish, a blue tang ;) and some Gucci LPS, and will more than likely tuck into some sps and a clam or two as well! I'd like to focus on the coral, having a low bio load and feeding using Prodibio reef booster will be the initial priority unless things evolve from there :)

Last edited:
E

ezza

Little bit bored. Just finished eating a huge paleo breakfast after squatting a million tonnes doing some muscle ups and being a mad dog. Thought I would throw down some insight into my good to go tank build which will get wet around the end of July.

The tank itself has to be as low maintenance as possible for wifey to look after while I'm out doing sick stuff.

So that in mind,

Tank: 600x600x400

Sump: 600x300x400
3 section

Stand: DIY hardwood slatted with a grey wood wash. Dayum!

Filtration: I've decided on prodibio, a slow and steady system using all of their products. I don't want to mix and match brands too much until the tank is mature. I will use a skimmer not too big to prevent stripping of goodies as much as possible so NSW water changes keep up trace elements. Bubble Magus, Marine Sources or the new Reef Octopus Space saver line. No DSB, no algae to trim, no phosphate remover and for the moment no activated carbon.

Lights: 250w metal halide, stingray ballast and reflector, 20k radium globe

Pumps: Jebao Rw-4, Jebao 2000 return pump, Tunze 106s ATO pump on a Hydor smart ato.

Supplements: Kalk in ATO, Prodibio elements, fortnightly NSW water changes, leftover dinner.

The tank is being built, and overbuilt. I'm cool with that. Waiting for it to be finished.
image.jpg

Welcome to the reefuge!