Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I've Gone Flowing Mad
So I was looking at the tank a little earlier on and thinking about the flow in the tank and that it was only being run by two powerheads, an RW-4 and an RW-8. Given they both put out some great flow and controllability but I was just looking and it simply felt like it wasn't enough to be blasting the acro's with some happy tank flow. Well that got me thinking and I decided to raid the boxes I had in search of some other powerhead options and I think I've found a nice mix! The polyp extension reaction seems to have agreed as well lol
I now have 2 RW-4's to get some mixed action and a little bit of back and forth movement, still playing with that to find the right "wave motion" but to really give the flow some OOMPH, I decided to place my 2 Tunze 6045's back in the tank lol. That puts me at 4 powerheads and 5000LPH+ in flow haha as both RW-4's are on max setting as well lol.
Just a few different angles of flow as well:
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1071_zpsdgoxhzkj.jpg

I'm definitely going to keep the powerheads but placement and motions may change as I tweak to avoid exam study :p

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
To avoid exam study! Oh how I remember those days! I think I had the cleanest apartment in Brisbane when it was study week, would need sun glasses inside because everything was so very clean!

Then after exams, two days straight of drinking before falling into a comber after weeks with zero sleep.............oh the good old days.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
To avoid exam study! Oh how I remember those days! I think I had the cleanest apartment in Brisbane when it was study week, would need sun glasses inside because everything was so very clean!

Then after exams, two days straight of drinking before falling into a comber after weeks with zero sleep.............oh the good old days.
hahaha excellent, I tend to play around in the fish tank or just simply play any computer game I feel like, that's an easy waste of several hours :P

Going through life broke and stupid is NOT the way to do it young man!! ;)
Broke yes, stupid maybe, good at procrastinating definitely! haha I'm getting my study done, cannot be fucked being at uni much longer than I already have been lol

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Don't make the same mistake that so many young people make. Get close to graduation and take a semester off and never go back. I know a dumb ass Yank that took a semester off and it ended up being 2 years.

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Don't make the same mistake that so many young people make. Get close to graduation and take a semester off and never go back. I know a dumb ass Yank that took a semester off and it ended up being 2 years.
Completely agree with this - I smashed out my bachelor and now working for a year before i go back to do my masters of pharmacy, its going to be hard to go back, getting used to having no money and no time :( lol.

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
That last year or two is the hardest! 5 years to get my law and government policy degrees..........can't get me back to uni not even for a marine biology degree!

That said I saw way way way to many students drop at the end, half a degree just means you owe a lot of money for NOTHING! At least owe all that money for a piece of paper or two!

I will admit when I see those two parchments on my wall................I can't help but feel proud and happy!

Only piece of advice, DONT leave the hardest/most demanding subjects to last! In your last semester do the easiest least demanding subjects! Stupid me left a subject with a 75% fail rate and 90% exam till last!