image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi
Well tank is cruising along nicely at the moment.
Had doser stop which was painful having to manually dose but doable till replacement arrived.
I am actually surprised at just how much I have been having to dose. It's working out to roughy 250ml Alk cal & 190ml of mag a day.
So decided to go the ace chemicals root and buy bulk. Couldn't believe how much money we saved. So huge bonus.

We unfortunately continued over the last few months to loose our older gonis - healthy - peeling - dead. We lost 8 reds (all our oldest ) but no new ones. We just couldn't not figure it out. I happened to come across a fellow reefrer who was also losing corals in a very similar way. He put the peeling down to the one directional flow from the gyre. So we had 2 reds left both peeling - took a chance , turned them around in the flow , moved 1 gyre to other end to create a more random flow Bingo peeling stopes immediately and my last 2 reds are recovered and well.
Wish we had discovered this before we lost so many.

The new tank is about 12 weeks away. Lots of planning and thinking. It's a huge project and we certainly don't want to be messing it up. So slow and steady. We've also changed it to be slightly larger and that's it. Last tank. :)

Fish are doing amazingly well , all healthy and very excited to report that aggression is non existent. We have finally got the mix right and are enjoying it very much. As are they we hope After devastatingly loosing my mated dragonets 5 months ago I am excited to say I have another two from an existing tank shut down. Fat , eating & dancing every night. So it's lovely now to have my stock lost completed.

Thanks and here are some pics I took hope you enjoy.
image.jpeg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Sorry to hear about the continued issues with your goni's :( I'm glad you've got it sorted though!! The tank is looking absolutely amazing Lesley :D

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Sorry to hear about the continued issues with your goni's :( I'm glad you've got it sorted though!! The tank is looking absolutely amazing Lesley :D
Thanks @Wrangy
Coming from person with such a gorgeous tank that's nice to hear.
We will slowly replace the Goni's over time, probably not before the new tank as just more to move then.
Thanks

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Hi hate looking at these depressingly AWESOME tanks...:) and your pics are soo good

sugar

Jan 7, 2016
One day i would love a tank this size :) fantastic job you are doing it looks amazing :)

E

ezza

It's amazingly gorgeous. I can't believe you're going to start a new one again!

I am doing so much all wrong. Your tank makes me think I should shut mine down and either give up or start again.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Thanks @Wrangy
Coming from person with such a gorgeous tank that's nice to hear.
We will slowly replace the Goni's over time, probably not before the new tank as just more to move then.
Thanks
Have I told you that you're crazy (read awesome) for doing another massive! tank move again so soon haha I can't wait to see what you bring us :D