Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hadn't seen the latest shots of this tank until now, but wow, amazing work! Getting a scape like this to work is hard, but you have done it nicely.

Just need a couple of SPS on top to give more height. A dallas frag for example ;)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
love this tank mate, not sure if I missed what happened to the last one but this looks truly amazing, backed with these top shots..

what are you shooting with? body? lense?

I love how you made it look like a tree almost it looks absolutely amazing, the BTA fascinates me how it settled in such an amazing position, was it quick to settle there or did you find it moving around a lot til it got there?

was it the first thing you added or did you add it after corals?

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
Firstly thank you all for the kind words about my tank, getting compliments from some great reef keepers with nice tanks and much more experience than myself makes me very happy!

@chimaera you read my mind on the Dallas frag!

@leodb89 thanks mate appreciate the compliments! As for the BTA, I knew from the start I wanted to have a pair of clowns and an anemone for them to host, after having thought about the layout and design I wanted I had planned where I wanted the BTA to be positioned, and so when I designed the rock work I made a hole big enough for the anemones foot to be placed inside and expand to get a good hold, all I had to do was hold it there for a few minutes and he was locked in place, I fed it everyday for the first 2 weeks in order to trick it into thinking it was in the ideal spot, made sure it got plenty of light, and it hasn't moved an inch! (touch wood) I would say it was half luck half planning that it stayed where I wanted it to. It was the first coral I placed in the tank yeah. And as for the camera I'm using its just a cannon 600D and the lens is a EFS 55-250mm macro 1.1m/3.6ft, what ever that means lol

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
@slin1977 your tank was the first I had seen with black sand and I loved it, after that I knew my next tank would have to have it lol, I like the way it just makes everything pop