Tank Journal Archive

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Jay Made Me Do It! Calcium Reactor Bits, Reef Angel Wifi Success!.
Hi All,

I picked up my CO2 bottle this afternoon, getting closer!

11245372_966745673345236_1489335274_n.jpg

I may or may not of ordered this to replace my tunze/ghl gear. Jays fault :D - http://www.aquariumplants.com/CarbonDoser_Electronic_Co2_Regulator_p/co2.htm

Just need to order a lab grade peristaltic pump and we're off and running :D .

Also finally connected my reef angel wifi so now I can access my controller on my phone/android/ios. Setup a water level sensor (reads out % full) in the return and filter sock section. I can use the one in the sock section to tell if they are getting clogged or not, which is great :) .

Cheers
Cody

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Y'all gonna make me get off my ass and get to work on my reactor aren't you? I can do it this weekend, cars back up to snuff and I'll be off Monday.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Dude, you going to need more sps to justify the use of such high tec equipment .

We want to see MORE frags in your tank!!!!!

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Dude, you going to need more sps to justify the use of such high tec equipment .

We want to see MORE frags in your tank!!!!!
There already are a lot more frags in my tank haha

Love the carbon dosers... Should have let me know, I could have been talked into sharing post with you :p
Damn! Shipping was a fortune too!

Y'all gonna make me get off my ass and get to work on my reactor aren't you? I can do it this weekend, cars back up to snuff and I'll be off Monday.
Too right! :D

I must admit though I'm going to be flat out this weekend expanding my workshop, so not much fish time :(

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
What peristaltic pump do you plan on using? Heard the IKS Vario blues are very good. Been reading a lot of people are having great stability with the Carbon doser and a nice continuous duty peri pump. Definetily the way I would go to I think!

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
What peristaltic pump do you plan on using? Heard the IKS Vario blues are very good. Been reading a lot of people are having great stability with the Carbon doser and a nice continuous duty peri pump. Definetily the way I would go to I think!
IKS has been on its way for a while :) . It all just needs to arrive now!

I've been tempted to get a spare as if it dies I'll be buggered. $300 is a fair bit for something that just sits around though. Probably worthwhile though. I have backups for most everything else critical.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
IKS has been on its way for a while :) . It all just needs to arrive now!

I've been tempted to get a spare as if it dies I'll be buggered. $300 is a fair bit for something that just sits around though. Probably worthwhile though. I have backups for most everything else critical.
Ahh nice :)

Yea that's a very good point, not the quickest bit of gear to get your hands on.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I'm planning on using one of my small 80lph pumps to feed mine, I think that should be enough. With the myriad of peristaltic pumps available, look on Aliexpress to see what's available. 99% of the time you're getting a Chinese pump, might as well go straight to the source.