Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
JD's NANO CADE TANK PROJECT BUILD
Introduction: This build has been planned for a very long time but never got around to doing so but finally I've got the cade tank I've wanted and thus I plan on going pretty hardcore with this tank build..for a nano that's about 100litres..I'll be utilising some pretty exspensive equipment not found on most "nano" tanks.

System Objectives: To create a simplsitic and minimalistic style looking tank with ease of care involved.

Type of reef: It'll be a mixed reef but most likely focusing on ricordeas, a couple scollys and perhaps a colony of two of sps.

Display System: CADE HL450

Initial Fill Date: TBA

Display Tank Dimensions: 45x45x45cm

Display Lighting: Maxspect Razor Nano 60 Watt Fixture

Stand: Matching CADE Stand ( alloy, perplex and glass )

Hood or Rimless: Rimless Style Tank

Sump Design: Backdrop Sump With Three Compartments

Filtration: Live Rock & Carbon Reactor

Support systems: Kamoer Dosing Unit

NSW or ASW: NSW

Display Water circulation: Main Flow Supplied Through Return Pump

Return Pump: Waveline DC-3000

Skimmer: Marine Source RDC-250 Intenral Skimmer

Evaporation Top Up: Tunze Osmolator Nano

Pictures:
ai1326.photobucket.com_albums_u649_imjimmydang_image_24_zps4226334f.jpg

ai1326.photobucket.com_albums_u649_imjimmydang_image_24_zps9d848130.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Cheers guys, this tank will be the final ill have until I'm ready to move out..lol I'm only 19 so a very long way but this tank was no exspenses on equipment left out. Only tried to buy the best accoringly to the style I wanted. Very exspensive nano it's going to be.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
JUST AN UPDATE GUYS!

Received my waveline dc-3000 today, was a mission plumbing I up to the tank. Easy fit..now I just need some tube clamps to make sure it'll never come loose.

ai1326.photobucket.com_albums_u649_imjimmydang_image_24_zps3a1c6855.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Thanks dude, unfortunately these won't be going under the knife just yet..when they do grow out heaps off the frag tile..I'll cut it up and let it attach to frag tiles..but..I might be able to get more of these aquacultured zoas..

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
I ordered the maxspect razor nano, reslly like the low profile or it and its perfect size and power for my tank. Also clips on the back which is a bonus as I didn't want to hang my lights.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah, very slim line, programmable and full spectrum..lol something I've never tried before, I'm just running 50/50 white and blue..so will be a good change..yeah they came out April

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Look what I just scored, finally got a gold and purple micromussa, it looks very nice in person, extra highlights is that it's on a nice flat piece of rock and showing lots growth with new polyps everywhere. Some of yous may be thinking why is this guy buying new corals and posting it on this thread..well these selective corals are for this new cade tank, once it's up and running. These corals will be going inside it..as I'm collecting really nice or rare stuff. :)

ai1326.photobucket.com_albums_u649_imjimmydang_image_24_zpsf260ce75.jpg

ai1326.photobucket.com_albums_u649_imjimmydang_image_24_zps46e4cee1.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Order it specially from cairns marine, been waiting ages for this thing, not quite often you see them in gold. :)

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013
How do you plan to connect the sump, does the tank have a built in overflow? I have ordered one, plan to use it as a sea horse tank located in the bedroom, still awiating delievry from Adam.
Can you post some pics of the filter chambers.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
awesome jimmy gonna be an amazing nano

what type of skimmer and dosing set up are you planning on going with or are you just going to reply on constant WC for the dosing side

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey RNGracias it's an all in one tank so pretty standard, over flow, middle for media and third for return, but these chambers are pretty huge, the return chamber in length is 14-15 cm with a width of 15 which all the chambers are, the middle is smaller and the over flow chamber is 17 cm in length so plenty of space for reactors or a nice skimmer.

Hey Leo, thanks man, yeah it's a tank I've been working on during the last year, just saving up here and there and ordering things in for it. For the skimmer, I think I'm going to utilise a marine source RDC 250 internal. The smallest range of devil pumps it's footprint is small so very good for this tank. For dosing I'm thinking of getting maybe the marine source doser, marine magic or bubble Magnus..as I didn't see the point in spedning $300 plus for a kamoer etc etc.

Hey chimaera, narh they haven't but I was told they would arrive this week, they landed here in Australia not long ago..so I'm pretty stocked to get it..I'll maybe do an unboxing if noones seen it yet, will maybe make a demo on the functions and brightness..maybe do a par reading too. If I get time for it.