Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Narh she doesn't, but she knows I'm really into th hobby though. Yeah that's why I can't just say I'm gonna get rid of them..anyone else in my position would defnstrly feel the same. She doesn't know about bioloads and the aquairum stuff. Not gonna blame her..it's my thing that's why.
oh ok, thanks for clearing that up,

But im confused with these comments now.

"Yeps, that's totally correct. Lucky they only had one male. And the rest were females.." I just picked the biggest female. Would be cool to see them breed inside my tank"
then
"My girlfriend bought the pair..and like most people..who have girlfriends..you're not just gonna act like a dick and say get lost you bought me fish"
"
that's why I can't just say I'm gonna get rid of them..anyone else in my position would defnstrly feel the same. She doesn't know about bioloads and the aquairum stuff"

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah I picked the pair. Oh narh didn't see where you said she went herself. I was ony there for saltwater and she's like I wanna spoil you so she walked around and picked a fish. It was the bangais and they were also on sale. She was about to just buy a random two so I just choose the female and male so they'd pair up. So what I said about her buying them is true and I don't just say so no to her like that if she's gonna buy them a present for me. Sorry if I confused you.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Oscar beat me to it...but hey guys lets let jimmy show us what he can do with this tank, obviously jimmy keep in mind the positive criticism, i too was an overstocker and looked at it as a bioload issue as opposed to a healthy habitat issue.

tanks got some serious potential, would be aweome if the tank was say a bonsai scape, youd fit more corals in and could have like a mini reef with different sections of different types of corals

your scollys look nice and plump, how often do you feed them and what do you feed?

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Oscar beat me to it...but hey guys lets let jimmy show us what he can do with this tank, obviously jimmy keep in mind the positive criticism, i too was an overstocker and looked at it as a bioload issue as opposed to a healthy habitat issue.

tanks got some serious potential, would be aweome if the tank was say a bonsai scape, youd fit more corals in and could have like a mini reef with different sections of different types of corals

your scollys look nice and plump, how often do you feed them and what do you feed?
Yeah there's both negative and positive and I take it all into consideration. Some of you are very experienced so I don't ignore the input. Yeah bonsai scape was what I was going to do but the lack of space made it very hard with the smallest pieces of rocks I could find. Noone at the time had branching rock so I had no choice but to use Christmas tree rock.

Yeah the only corals ill be having inside the tank will be more ricordeas, zoanthids and some encrusting montis which I've made a separate ledge for. You guys will see in time when everything grows out and more additions of corals. The space I had to work with is only 30cm Leo so it's not a 45 cube is play. It's 45x30x45 as therest of the space is the back compartment as its not externally sumped. Yeah the scollys are cranking had them for a while now. I don't target feed them as much. More so the Zoas and rics to promote growth.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Well I've sold off the carpet after taking what @dr_schell said into consideration and everyone else who kinda pitched it. It was couriered same day delivery this morning to ensure it gets the quickest and best shipping method as I didn't want it have any likelihood of dying in overnight shipping. Guess ill be stocking up on more corals now..was thinking of a mini maxi and a pair of porcelain crabs.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Well I've sold off the carpet after taking what @dr_schell said into consideration and everyone else who kinda pitched it. It was couriered same day delivery this morning to ensure it gets the quickest and best shipping method as I didn't want it have any likelihood of dying in overnight shipping. Guess ill be stocking up on more corals now..was thinking of a mini maxi and a pair of porcelain crabs.
Or a mini maxi with sexy shrimp ... @leodb89 ;)

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Jimmy, many thanks for doing this, I do understand that they are beautiful animals, but they are generally ill suited to aquariums with insuficient room to allow them to grow. I do commend you on your decision to find a more suitable home of the anemone. For the purposes of looks and your clownfish, a large fluffy morph has the potential to 'replicate' a carpet anemone and is better suited to your aquarium. These morphs have been known to host clownfish. Perhaps this may be an option for you?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
jimmy who did you ship with and how much did it cost you? where did you send to?

curious as it might be helpful with future sales

good that you came to the right decision :)

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Jimmy, many thanks for doing this, I do understand that they are beautiful animals, but they are generally ill suited to aquariums with insuficient room to allow them to grow. I do commend you on your decision to find a more suitable home of the anemone. For the purposes of looks and your clownfish, a large fluffy morph has the potential to 'replicate' a carpet anemone and is better suited to your aquarium. These morphs have been known to host clownfish. Perhaps this may be an option for you?
Yeah no worries, it was an impulse buy, haven't done so in quite sometime aswells. Narh but thanks for commenting on the thread. If you didn't..I'd probably still have it hey. So thanks for that. Yeah I was thinking about coral which would be suitable. Liked them big fluro green rhodactis..not sure if it was a elephant ear but similar to Andrew Kelly's big green mushy..my clowns would love that thing.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
jimmy who did you ship with and how much did it cost you? where did you send to?

curious as it might be helpful with future sales

good that you came to the right decision :)
Hey Leo..sorry I can't help you here as the buyer organised his own courier. So he organised the time and that himself..but I think it was fadtways dude. As that's probbaly the easiest company around.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Here's a little update on the only euphyllia I have in my tank. Sweeper tentacle..apparently these break off..I think I saw the one on mine floating around.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just a little update with pictures on some of my corals.

Here first is one of my orange and green base ricordea frags. Looks at the size of the fish. :)
image.jpg

These yellow zoanthid didn't grow even though being in the tank for a couple months..only until this month..it's shown decent growth..it had 3 polyps..now every week it sprouts a new head.
image.jpg

Here's a picture of the micromussa which is also showing great signs of growth..new baby polyps everywhere.
image.jpg

My fire and ice zoanthid colony haven't shown much growth as it did in my old tank but its gotten more colour.
image.jpg

Half of my frags on the frag rack from naqua.
image.jpg

image.jpg

And lastly my beloved Scollies which are cranking..was told I couldn't keep them pass the 1 year mark. Woo passed that ages ago.
image.jpg

PLEASE ALSO NOTE THESE PICTURES WERE TAKEN UNDER 40% W & 90% B WITH MY IPAD MINI; SO EXCUSE THE POOR QUALITY.