Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just 2 polyps (I thought that was all that was available). Saw them open at the store, guess they are just still pissed at the transfer.
How many were there avaliable? He said mine was the last ones? I ordered 2 polyps also dude but I think I've gotten three. Two larger ones and a slightly smaller one. Honestly did they look good? Worth $10 a polyp in person?

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
They were down the back of the tank haha, so hard to see, but the glimpses I got looked good.
Hahas, ohwells, guess well have to wait and find out then hey, hopefully these guys are fast growers. Want a crap load of them to cover my rock work.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
This tanks gonna have a total over haul..going to be a dedicated zoanthid and ricordea tank..going to add a thin sand bed and change the aquascape. Maybe buy new rock if I can't get the minimalistic scape I want from the shapes I have, might have to break the rocks but well see.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Well here's a current fts guys..it's not looking so good because half my corals are still sulking but the other half are easily taking food and fish are smashing everything aswells. I'll be slowly adding more rock to give the scape abit more height and dimension but I wanna let everything settle in more and not disturb them right now...can't really tell the scape from the front on but in person it looks pretty cool.
image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Looking good, Jimmy. Have to say ... so much better than that rock wall you had going on ;)
Yeah and it's truly so much easier to clean now aswells. Because I turkey base the rocks and siphon detritus up weekly before..but it was hard because I had a wall..of rock..wanted to go bonsai but asked a couple places and noone could get the branchy rock I wanted..so this will have to be it.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Did you keep all of your other rock? Could try zip ties and acrylic rods etc to create your own bonsai then place it in the tank? A bit more height would be good on one side at least.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Did you keep all of your other rock? Could try zip ties and acrylic rods etc to create your own bonsai then place it in the tank? A bit more height would be good on one side at least.
Yeah I'll be adding more rock when I get back, kind of shocked the system the pass couple days so want to let them settle in.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Just did my RO dip so will see how they are in a day or two. Some kinds of zoas are just more sensitive to being disturbed, I lost my remaining Bella Donnas after fragging them recently too.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just did my RO dip so will see how they are in a day or two. Some kinds of zoas are just more sensitive to being disturbed, I lost my remaining Bella Donnas after fragging them recently too.
Mine are just plain dirty..the rock it was on has lie this squishy black substance..and the rock attached is like a brown rock..not like normal live rock..but I did an RO dip..and lets just hope it recovers..lol I'll never know..I'll be gone tomorrow.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
image.jpg
Hey guys time for an update whilst I'm overseas. Currently at Las Vegas baby but I've gotten sick so I'm in my room. Tanks looking like this at the moment. Mad algae bloom due to the fresh sand bed but the corals and fish are still cranking so sall good.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah mate all looks healthy and nothing you can't sort out when you are back! Could be a LOT worse ;)
Yeah luckily my family knows what they're doing in terms of feeding and refilling my auto top off thanks to you for that @chimaera life saver mate..wouldn't think the tank would keep stable without it. A good water change and vaccum and the addition of double loclines to my return will be good flow.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Gone through with my stock list and took into consideration as to how big bangais get. I'll be selling them off to add a load of nano sized stock to my tank. They're already inside holding tanks at an aquaroum but when I come back I've got a load of palm sized green rhodactis morphs and a really nice large red one. Also will be adding a watchmen goby either single or pair. Also will be adding more clean up crew which will consist of two redline shrimps , 5nassiruis snails, 5 cerith snails and a couple peppermint shrimps. Also thinking about getting a tank bred mandarin if I can