Ati coral plus
Ati blue plus
image.jpg
And then.....
We bring Narva
CN lighting 20k
KZ super blue
Ati aqua blue special
And Red Sea reef spec (already running this tube)
image.jpg

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
keep us informed how they go . I have only used ATIs & Giesemann bulbs, ohh and one KZ that I was happy with , not sure why I haven't used them again.
Interested in how the Red sea go,

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
keep us informed how they go . I have only used ATIs & Giesemann bulbs, ohh and one KZ that I was happy with , not sure why I haven't used them again.
Interested in how the Red sea go,
I sure will be posting my opinion on these in this thread.
As for the Red Sea tube / I have one burned in now... Bright as day but colour rendition was a bit meh when I first set it up. Need to look at it again.
Looking forward to giving it a lot more time and thought as it has changed for the better!!

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
You need to tell us where you got them from and current retail value (not bossy at all). Looks like they all arrived in perfect condition, through the post? For those us whose past experiences may be receiving their tubes in shards thrown in a box ;)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
You need to tell us where you got them from and current retail value (not bossy at all). Looks like they all arrived in perfect condition, through the post? For those us whose past experiences may be receiving their tubes in shards thrown in a box ;)
Well... The new Guppies online- new owners, re building the fragments of past experiences...

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Well... The new Guppies online- new owners, re building the fragments of past experiences...
Guppies are great now and used to be great with previous owner too, i used him for years and never had an issue. Havent used since new owners but nice to know they are doing well also.
Will also be very interested in the color combination you like and which globes you think are best performers .

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
I had nothing but bad experiences dealing with Andries. Apparently Australian consumer law meant nothing in his eyes (major fault with a light, thankfully I I up dealing with the manufacturer direct who were great!)

And just because...... "how much is he asking?" :D

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I had nothing but bad experiences dealing with Andries. Apparently Australian consumer law meant nothing in his eyes (major fault with a light, thankfully I I up dealing with the manufacturer direct who were great!)

And just because...... "how much is he asking?" :D
Guys - that's the past now .... Time to move on ... I certainly don't mind huge topic deviation , but we are not going down a guppies bashing session - thanks!!!!

The new owners are humble and a pleasure to talk to and deal with and will certainly support them in the future.

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
^Hahahaha funny!

Sorry, wasn't meaning to start a guppies bashing/raving segment (I did specify the person not the business), just that there's two sides to every coin.

Have heard the new owners are good, and it's always nice to see a business on the up :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
^Hahahaha funny!

Sorry, wasn't meaning to start a guppies bashing/raving segment (I did specify the person not the business), just that there's two sides to every coin.

Have heard the new owners are good, and it's always nice to see a business on the up :)
Don't worry mate , was not having a go at you. All good:D

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
...we are not going down a guppies bashing session
Naw, spoil sport, haha ;)

I'm curious about pricing too because with T5s the units are really affordable then the tubes are where the money is. And with LEDs you get wacked with all the cost up front.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Naw, spoil sport, haha ;)

Yap I've had one negative experience on the topic of derailing but I am talking years ago and I got over it.

I made a phone call enquiry about the T5 tubes 6 weeks ago , having a discussion about shipping T5 and then simply did an online checkout on Sunday around 8 pm and got the tubes Tues morning , well packed and intact.

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
generally speaking they are burnt in after around 100hrs of use. This is where they will have there peak performance and proper colour.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Removed the middle two , blue and purple .
Added kz super blue and ati aqua blue special .

Until burned in a short description as they warm up.
Kz super blue looks a touch more royal blue than ati blue plus. Not much to separate these two.
Aquablue special is a brighter slight blue compared to coral plus.
Aquablue special looks like a big PAR thrower.
Missing that purple plus now.

Might be tempted to replace the far outside Ati blues a bit later today.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
So I quickly threw the Narva in at the back... A beaut light it is.. Fraction whiter than Kz s blue offering.
The 20 k Chinese offering is a well made light and I was expecting more, I kinda thought it would be blue, it's very actinic and almost the same as a Ati actinic. Would like to check out another couple of these Chinese lights until I find a colour I like,