Reef Discussion

Dean

Jan 7, 2012
Mulgrave
do a google search, was reading a thread on this stuff a few weeks ago. Looks like good stuff. Its on my list of Things-To-Buy, after my tank mature's a bit more

Mel22

Mar 17, 2012
Have read very good things about this product. I use a different Amino supplement (Brightwell) in conjunction with Reef Roids also, and am getting good results. Will likely give 100% Reef Safe a go after I've finished the Brightwell.

V

'vspec'

Welcome
atest.forum.mmopurge.com_forum_images_smilies_smilies1_new_newbie.gif

Move over megan, I have a new play mate at kindy! lol

V

'vspec'

Amino Acids are quickly becoming one of the most popular additives to any serious reef keeper's arsenal. There are many different reasons why they are being used and many why I suggest everyone should use them. Many vitamins and proteins are including in one easy dosing supplement to provide your corals with the much needed elements they would not otherwise get in a closed environment.
Standard spin, will keep reading!

In Nature corals will receive these proteins via plankton, micro plankton or even bacterial plankton. However in a closed aquarium environment these are normally absent. Zooxanthellae which live symbiotically in many corals "excrete" these acids which in turn feed the coral along with many other substances. In most aquariums the activity of these symbiotic algaes are greatly reduced in which the corals are only "Surviving" and not "Thriving".
Indirect and direct feeding's are generally not the best method to approach feeding your corals as it generally results in increased nutrient levels such as phosphates and nitrates.
Ok so your telling me this product is superior, that manufactured ~ saturated amino acid assimilation is the way to go!
I have no problem with this, muscular science runs along the same vein,
I even recognise some of the below.

Contains: Alanine, Arginine, Aspartate, Cystine, Glutamate, Glycine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Valine, Tryptophan, Lysine, Methionine, Histidine, Proline, Serine, Tryosine, Phenylalanine, Threonine.
No Preservatives - does not contain Phosphate based preservative.
Recommended Dosage: ½ to 1 level scoop (enclosed) per 500lt of aquarium water. Mix the required amount of Amino Acid Protein Supplement in a container, let stand for 1 hour then slowly add to the aquarium.

Given this is a protein product your skimmer may produce excessive skimate with the addition of this supplement to your tank.

Ok, so my question is, who has the latest findings in this area.?
Last one I read was Uptake of dissolved free amino acids by the scleractinian coral Stylophora pistillata
2008 was soo yesterday! :confused: