Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just scored myself a whole rock of red hornet zoanthid
By the picture taken..I'm sure it's a Hornet variety...colour.,im guessing red. I'm sure it'll colour up better under better care and lighting and feedings. It's a good size piece so expect frags.

Which means..I'll have some of my old frags for sale guys, if you're keen..stick around as I keep this thread updated very regularly.
image.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Mate if these are hornets this would be the 'score' of the century ... but I can't see it ...

Worth taking the chance though, for $40. And if they do colour up ... I am first in line for a frag ;)

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Mate if these are hornets this would be the 'score' of the century ... but I can't see it ...

Worth taking the chance though, for $40. And if they do colour up ... I am first in line for a frag ;)
Hey dude, they're definitely hornets. Got a close up picture showing the hornets famous inner ring the polyp heads. Just a crappy photo man. Might be able to score a rock like this but of blue hornets.. :) this rock is going to be too big for my scape anyways...first things first. It's gonna grt chopped up.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Thanks dude, that's a mad site. Fuck those corals are so bloody nice. And fuck that's what they are... You're good at this, they look Identical to that..
Awesome, glad they were a match! So not 'hornets' but still nice zoas.

Yeah I like that site, find it easier to browse through for zoa matches than zoaid.com

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Awesome, glad they were a match! So not 'hornets' but still nice zoas.

Yeah I like that site, find it easier to browse through for zoa matches than zoaid.com
Yeah true, the hornets I noticed had the same colour rim as their skirt. So yeah thanks dude. Man the zoas on there are so nice.. Wish we had them here man... Zoa id is a pain to go through.