Reef Discussion

Randi Canik

Dec 20, 2016
Just When I Thought I Was Out....
They pull me back in.

I literally just sold the half round tank I was planning on setting up as I've just sold my half of the tattoo shop and am opening up my own studio within the next month so all my energy/funds have gone into that.

Until now.

Picked up a (barely) used Aquareef400 the other day for less than half of what they retail for new. Great condition except for the lack of skimmer, but that's an easy fix!

And, for what is probably the first time in the history of my time in this hobby....I already am set/know what I'm stocking this tank with. There's an incredible 40gallon breeder tank where the lady has successfully kept 3 different species of lionfish as well as a snowflake eel. So. There's that. I reckon I could probably do 2 or 3 of one or 2 species and then have 1 eel. Urchins and larger fish (tang or foxface) to help with some cleaning as well as good old fashioned elbow grease.

Already got hold of a RO unit so I don't need to drive to Deerpark *quite* as often. And an MP60. Yeah. 60.

Live rock is currently drying/bleaching and then I'll grab a few more kgs of dry rock and some sand just after Christmas, set it up and let it do it's thing for a month or however long it needs.

ALL THE EXCITEMENT

-RC

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Come on mate you should know better!
Once your in this hobby/addiction your never getting out of it...lol
Glad to see your back.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. You can't get away from it mate, been doing it off and on for 32 years.