News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Ken & Jen Host Team Victoria
Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to the team leaders Ken and Jen ( Synodontis K&J Aquatics) for hosting the first Reefuge meet. All members who attended please post comments and photos below.

Thanks.

victoria.JPG

Added by MagicJ

Just so that I remember who everyone is :rolleyes

Reefuge-crew.jpg

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Bottom left is my wife Melissa, next to her is me.

Thanks heaps for today Ken and Jen you did a really great job. It was really awesome seeing everyone in person and having a laugh. Ken and Jen rock :D

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I'm in the stripy blue jumper. Awesome day and can't wait for the next meet up!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'm hiding, and that was a totally sensational meeting. Awesome hosts, awesome company and an awesome time. Would have been great to chat to more of you, but so little time to get around to everyone (and I not long left :p).

V

'vspec'

All I'm going to say, Is I maybe the only one that refused to put down the beer! :confused:

My Precious

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Oh... "I'm that one right there..."

lol

White hoody at the front

Absolutely AWESOME day had by all. Whens the next one... lol Tax return here I come ;)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Purple shirt ;)

It was a great day, I had to frag off before the fragging started though as the tribe was getting restless :rolleyes What time did it all wrap up?

We even had a baby possum to cuddle thanks to Agent M the kids thoroughly enjoyed that

Looking at the pic i've got three quarters of the names imbedded. Thanks Jen for doing all the cooking and yep I see why.... kiwis and bbq's hmmm :p Nah K&J did well and nice to meet you both and your boys... go team VIC!

After looking at that 10 foot gem 4 foot aint gonna cut it lol

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
:)

Morning Boy's & Girl's,

Thank all of you that came yesterday. The day was only so good because of the people that could make it the 1st Victorian Reefuge get together & the 1st Reefuge get together with more then two members! :p We have a couple of "thanks" ourselves..

Thank you to...
rockerpeller & Agent M for picking out the corals for the day. (those birds nest's & that blue/purple/yellow Acro were stunning!)
Grug for taking care the shrimp demands. ($50 to the first person who can re-catch them out of our tank)
Mrs. Grug for the magnificent cheese dip! (guess what I had for my supper)
MagicJ for the huge effort of coming over from Tasmania. (See, I didn't forget to pick you up!)
All the guy's who helped with the fragging, Jen & I weren't out there but we did see Grug, Uglyman, bryce214, buddy23 & anyone else that jumped in.

EDIT- I knew I would forget a few.
A big thank you to Ernie @ Reeflections in Moorabbin & the guy's from Oceanarium for helping out with the corals for fragging.

Thank you to all who offered to help Jen out while she was running around, & helping out with the clean up after everything. (which wasn't as bad as it could have been!)
Last but not least, The Reefuge, for giving us this online sandpit to play in where everyone is equal & treated with respect. It's a shame "God" couldnt make it on the day. ( One day I'm going to track down the location of his ivory tower & drag him out into the real world!)

So so so so SO many pics where taken on the day, the award has to go to @rockerpeller's wife for sheer number of pics taken! Every time I turned around from the tank I was in her way lol. We really cant wait to see how they all came out. So get posting guy's lol.

Jen said to me last night after everyone had left, It was one of the bestest Birthday's she has ever had, house full of people who enjoy "reefing" to to talk to, great company & a fun day. (Even if she had to cook her own lunch)

Hope every one enjoyed the day, had enough to eat & drink, learnt something, made some new friend's & happy with the parcels they left with.

Ken & Jen:)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Here's a few pictures to start with

The baby Ringtail possum that Agent M bought along to amuse the kids, and some of the adults :p

Meet-1.jpg

And some of the beautiful fish that are lucky enough to live in this tank

Meet-2.jpg

Meet-4.jpg

Meet-3.jpg

I will post some more as the afternoon progresses :)