News

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
That one never really had super long sweepers in our tank, but in your tank Grug might be a completely different story. it is a very pretty fluro green with deep pink top. We hope it goes well for you Grug.

Thanks Synodontis.. its all sorted now.. a bit of re scaping and shuffling around and its got a good buffer now.. Everything is looking better after 24 hours settled in a tank.. and then unsettled again after a move around..

I feel sad about my poor green gonnie.. have to remember never to buy another one of those untill i have a huge arse tank with all sorts of dosing..

Just a bad choice i think for a beginner tank.. a LFS suggestion from a LFS that i dont buy from anymore.. One of those "great hardy beginner corals".. which is a real shame coz it was one of my favs.. and would have loved a red/pink one.. but later..

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Just a bad choice i think for a beginner tank.. a LFS suggestion from a LFS that i dont buy from anymore.. One of those "great hardy beginner corals".. which is a real shame coz it was one of my favs.. and would have loved a red/pink one.. but later..
I think I remember reading that the pink ones where hardier than the green ones??

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Who here took a piece of that sinulara? Did you get it to attached to the rock yet? I put some onion netting around our piece and then a loose elastic band ... but the poor guy is bursting through the net so I figure I should remove it, but no idea if it will be attached yet.

Oh and Agent M - I may have already mentioned this, but that red macro you gave us it stunning! It glows orange under our blue moonlights!

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
The way I've done the leathers I've fragged in the past, is stitching it to the rock with a needle and fishing line. Once its attached you can cut the line and remove it.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
The way I've done the leathers I've fragged in the past, is stitching it to the rock with a needle and fishing line. Once its attached you can cut the line and remove it.
Another way is to jam it lightly between two pieces of rock - enough pressure to stop it floating away but too much that it squashes the coral.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Oh and Agent M - I may have already mentioned this, but that red macro you gave us it stunning! It glows orange under our blue moonlights!
It is very cool isn't it! I love it - it's only just gotten big enough to start culturing it. Working on getting more going so more people can have an opportunity to keep it and I'll have a chance of getting some back if I ever lose it :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
It is very cool isn't it! I love it - it's only just gotten big enough to start culturing it. Working on getting more going so more people can have an opportunity to keep it and I'll have a chance of getting some back if I ever lose it :)
Do you know what species it is? I'd like to look up how to care for it better. I realised today that it must be getting too much light ... it's going from that lovely dark red colour to a translucent orange. Hope I am not killing it already ...

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
No idea, I have tried to look it up a few times but fairly half heartedly. I asked around at the meeting but no one knew what it was called. Will post a pic here eventually! Mine is 30cm from the light, which is an Illumagic LED unit, if that helps. It has a growth spurt every time I do a water change, and also if I add any Aquavitro Fuel for Reefs to the tank, so there is definitely something that it needs that is not always present in the tank - just haven't worked out what (I'm a lazy reefer!)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
No idea, I have tried to look it up a few times but fairly half heartedly. I asked around at the meeting but no one knew what it was called. Will post a pic here eventually! Mine is 30cm from the light, which is an Illumagic LED unit, if that helps. It has a growth spurt every time I do a water change, and also if I add any Aquavitro Fuel for Reefs to the tank, so there is definitely something that it needs that is not always present in the tank - just haven't worked out what (I'm a lazy reefer!)
If you have a pic of how it should look (rather than my glow-in-the-dark version), please send it through, I'll track it down =0)