Tank Journal Archive

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Great job mate , I dont envy you having to move everything , At least now you can see the light at the end

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
Oh.... My.... God

Guys, we're so sorry to read of the dramas you've been suffering!! We feel your pain with cracking tanks (though thankfully the water never made it as far as the floor!! [Slow leaks]), so we suspect that our catch up one day will see a story exchange ;)

If there's anything we can do to help, please yell out! We're not far away and will do what we can!

B & L

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Popped in to see Ken and Jen today after a chance meeting at Lifestyle Aquarium at Deer Park, the tank is bloody huge! It is already looking good , Moo seems to be right at home with the extra space. Tx for letting me check out the tank and the frags you gave me! Oh and of course my Avast ATO :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Popped in to see Ken and Jen today after a chance meeting at Lifestyle Aquarium at Deer Park, the tank is bloody huge! It is already looking good , Moo seems to be right at home with the extra space. Tx for letting me check out the tank and the frags you gave me! Oh and of course my Avast ATO :)
Oh, need pics of the ATO! I'm still without one given my lack of soldering skills on the DIY one.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
God damn! Almost two months since I spewed a bit of dribble in here lol. :p

Bugger all has changed as time has been short & have not really had a chance to play with the tank except for water changes, sticking a few things down.
Time to change that & get this going & looking the part.

I usually re-size pics to put in here but no time for that tonight. All of these are off my phone so no flash Nikon or Cannon macro shots here to see lol. A few pics of stuff not looking the best a few days after the move, they are looking better now but still a bit to go...

Attachments

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
So kinda got carried away with pics above, ...sorry.

Now Jen did her bestest to help me get the lights back above the tank after the move, but they were just a bit heavy for her. She had a bit of a malfunction & it slipped. One of the lenses got knocked off & I thought nothing other then, Hmmm, have to stick that back on. Fired the units up & one string was not going. Seems that the LED diode got smashed along with the lens.
Never had time to add the other LED's I wanted to before the units went back up, but now I can find the time to get that sorted. The plan is to add, UV, Violet, Cyan & a few red. God knows how many LED's this will end up with but I have allowed for another 108 with room to add more if required or the next big must have colour in reefing is decided on, reckon that will be yellow? Why yellow? It seems to making an appearance tho in some units.
We have more then enough LDD's of different mA's so will be changing over to them when @MagicJ can send us about 6 or 8 boards. CW NW RB BL will be run a 1A, VL & CY 700ma, UV 500mA & red at 350mA. If anyone can think of something better please let me know lol.
Ordered the first bits for the power supply today. This will run 312 LED's with ease & room for lots more. Maybe a bit of over kill but what the fuck, that's the name of the game in reefing isn't it? Bigger is better & all that lol. The actual power supply's are two of these.....
RCP-1000-48.jpg

Two of those will slip into one of these........
rkp-1u.jpg

The power supply's will be controlled by one of these.........
rcp-mu-power-control-and-monitor-system.jpg

So then we have to cover the power cuts, so we found this UPS which should fit in & cover a few power using bits & bobs until normal services are restored.....
eaton ups.jpg

That about pulls me for toys for the next couple of months. After I get all this stuff hooked up we will see what else is out there to play with.

Well, it's late & I want a smoke, so ta-ta for now guy's. :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Hey @MagicJ,
The specs for the power supply are listed on the Meanwell site. :)

One area we have struggled with is frags. So we decided to move the rock out of one section of the sump over to the section where the skimmer is. There is a lot of wasted space in there so now that is taken care of. Cleaned out the crap that was left in that section & dropped a Classic & infinity frag rack in. A CR60 ComboRay above that & all done. Why we never did it before this I will never know lol.

SANY3902.JPG

SANY3903.JPG

SANY3904.JPG
SANY3901.JPG

Then it was time for dinner! :D

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
OMG so glad I didn't see this when I was over! I would have been hitting Les up for a frag tank!! (Startiiiing... NOW!! Lol)

Looks great guys! I hate you so much right now! :p

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
Just read this whole thread from start to finish and can't wait to read the next update... I actually grew up in Melton and work there still and can't believe there is something like this goingon in my own backyard! didn't catch where you ended up shifting to after that monsterous move.. If you're still in melton or not far from there then I would love to come round and check out the tank one day?
I'm new at all this and really enjoying learning everything along the way :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
just wish i was a millionaire so i could set up a tank this big and not worry about costs. soooo, who wants a steal a bank with me?

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Thanks guy's, now all we need is some frags lol.
Will see how the SPS go with one ComboRay & on the top shelf. :)

Just read this whole thread from start to finish and can't wait to read the next update... I actually grew up in Melton and work there still and can't believe there is something like this goingon in my own backyard! didn't catch where you ended up shifting to after that monsterous move.. If you're still in melton or not far from there then I would love to come round and check out the tank one day?
I'm new at all this and really enjoying learning everything along the way :)
Hi @Gunner85, If you have read this thread from start to now......sorry for wasting so much of your time :confused: :welcome
Yep still in Melton close to Palmerston St. When you have a free hour or so after work your welcome to slip round & tell us what we are ding wrong lol. Just send us a message when your ready.

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
By the way, we DO actually plan to stop by for more than 5mins one day! I said to les on our way home, "we should have gone for coffee before Petey was born". Lol

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
Might call past Sunday night n say hey and have another peep at your setup if your home guys
I'm coming down that way :)