Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Still no Kessil. The distributors order went missing somehow and they only just got replacement stock, so my light is now on the way from Melbourne to Brisbane so that it can be sent back to Melbourne. Looks like it will be another week until it arrives.
Still got one here i could sell ya lol

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013
20150309_182127.jpg

This is the tank, the colors are a lot better in person. Kessil 360WE, 35% Color and 85% Intensity. the dual T5 has just been added to reduce the shadowing at the back of the tank.

Last edited:

MQ-9

Nov 25, 2014
That makes me want to take all my coral sand and throw it in the bin.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
So the day had finally arrived and my kessil is here!! So happy to finally have it, I ripped it open and set it up is evening, I can't help but be slightly disappointed so far. Maybe my expectations were huge and it lives up to many of them - build quality is impeccable, light output is amazing and I love the colours and the shimmer, and the controller is pretty neat and easy to use.

However ... Two things are letting it down a little.
- one is the fact that the controller needs to stay connected. I kinda knew this was the case, but I couldn't help trying out setting the program and then disconnecting, expecting the light unit to have some kind of on board memory. As long as I can make the cables tidy/hidden not a huge deal I guess.
- the second however has surprised me and is a bigger deal. The fan is noisy. I mean it is a low hum but it's louder than my return pump I had complained about recently. I had assumed they would be silent or close to silent. Reading others experiences I can't help but wonder whether mine is faulty somehow. One person had 3 units and claimed one was indeed silent, one had a very low noise and the third wad quite noisy. Kessil apparently replaced the noisy one and it ended up like the second unit, with a low noise level. Its odd that 'silent' is possible. I am tempted to take it apart to see if I can fix it myself but don't want to invalidate warranties etc. might see how it goes for a day or two and then contact AoA to get their opinion.

Yay and boo at the same time.

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013
So the day had finally arrived and my kessil is here!! So happy to finally have it, I ripped it open and set it up is evening, I can't help but be slightly disappointed so far. Maybe my expectations were huge and it lives up to many of them - build quality is impeccable, light output is amazing and I love the colours and the shimmer, and the controller is pretty neat and easy to use.

However ... Two things are letting it down a little.
- one is the fact that the controller needs to stay connected. I kinda knew this was the case, but I couldn't help trying out setting the program and then disconnecting, expecting the light unit to have some kind of on board memory. As long as I can make the cables tidy/hidden not a huge deal I guess.
- the second however has surprised me and is a bigger deal. The fan is noisy. I mean it is a low hum but it's louder than my return pump I had complained about recently. I had assumed they would be silent or close to silent. Reading others experiences I can't help but wonder whether mine is faulty somehow. One person had 3 units and claimed one was indeed silent, one had a very low noise and the third wad quite noisy. Kessil apparently replaced the noisy one and it ended up like the second unit, with a low noise level. Its odd that 'silent' is possible. I am tempted to take it apart to see if I can fix it myself but don't want to invalidate warranties etc. might see how it goes for a day or two and then contact AoA to get their opinion.

Yay and boo at the same time.
:( The 2 Kessil's I have are dead silent, so the units you have must be faulty,