Off-Topic

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Just a quick update on the corals. Aussie Post suck big time!!

This was one of the corals which I had purchased
Hammer.jpg

After 3 long phone calls to Aussie Post today I still don't know where the package is :confused: And I don't think they do either.

Unfortunately, I suspect that the corals would be in a bad way by now and I am probably better off if the package can't be found as then I might have a chance with compensation, albeit only $50.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Update - lost coral shipment. I received a message from the sender today - apparently Aussie Post detected water in the package (not sure if this was from a scan or a leak) and decided to send the package to Quarantine to make sure there was nothing illegal involved. Hopefully, someone at quarantine knows how to look after corals, although I am not holding my breath :( We will have to see what happens on Monday.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
For those of you that were sitting on their bums watching the cricket today, you will know that it did not rain.

This meant that I could do some work on the playhouse :)

Started the day by housing out the rest of the poles - and then got two more in the ground

PH-9.jpg

Things then slowed a bit as a had to look after my 3.5 yo son whilst mum and daughter went off to a kids birthday party.

At around 3.00pm, the effects of having a bad head cold for most of last week started to kick in and I was struggling a bit :). But, with some encouragement from my daughter I pushed on and by around 6.30pm I managed to get the rest of the poles in the ground

PH-10.jpg

Tomorrow, I will hopefully get all the beams in, the joists on, and maybe start the flooring. Not a bad days work ;)

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
That's no good mate :cry
Their going to have your nuts for importing coral :p ;) Maybe Matty's as well .
I was looking at buying that same coral myself , But thought na, i will wait until after the Chrissy rush
Glad i did now .

I hope it ends well for you mate

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
That's no good mate :cry
Their going to have your nuts for importing coral :p ;) Maybe Matty's as well .
I was looking at buying that same coral myself , But thought na, i will wait until after the Chrissy rush
Glad i did now .

I hope it ends well for you mate
What, you are not allowed to import corals :eek Matty was thinking about not posting corals anymore :( - I doubt he will send them to Tasmania anymore:(

We will have to wait and see what Monday brings??

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
We should make this into a
" What will they do to Magic thread "
I will donate 50 points to the first correct answer 30 to the closest if no one is correct :)

No googling

Mine is : Slap on the wrist , Good talking too and a $200 spot fine , With all express post being looked at from here on in :)

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
On a side note , I just had an express post delivered just then , Sunday 10:30am :0 :eek
He said their working Saturday and Sunday until Christmas

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Battled the rain again today :mad: but managed to get all the beams in place. Not sure how much I will get done next week as, according to Luke, I will be locked up :p

PH-11.jpg

Talk to you all when I get out - do they have access to the internet in prison??

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Saturday - had some help today. Managed to get all the joists in place as well as the flooring.

ph-12.jpg

Sunday - Had to go out for lunch today :mad: but was able to find time to build most of the back wall. I know this doesn't look much for about 4 hours work but it is not easy cutting all the studs the same length with the tools I have at my disposal and, I like to do things to the best of my (limited) ability so everything takes a bit longer than expected.

ph13.jpg

Hopefully, weather permitting, I will be able to get the other walls done next Saturday. It's a bit harder doing this the old fashioned way i.e. without a nail gun ;)

One thing did cross my mind when I saw the wall standing up - how the hell am I going to put the cladding on the back wall as it is starting to get pretty high. I am sure I will find a solution when the time comes??