Off-Topic

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Wow, I can't believe it has been six weeks since the last update :eek Most of this time as been spent looking after the kids whilst my wife was in hospital. and the subsequent recovery as well as being extremely busy at work.

But, I have been able to get all the window frames finished and the windows installed together with the door frame and door finished. Just need paint the door and finish the trim around the windows/door and the exterior is just about finished.

PH-33.jpg

PH-34.jpg

It's my daughters birthday in the middle of May so that might have to be my target completion date now :rolleyes

V

'vspec'

Sweet. Time to move in!

whats wrong with the misses, besides putting up with your sh^t?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
For anyone that is still following this :rolleyes I have been trying to work out what to use to stop the kids falling off the sides. My initial thought was to make a picket fence but that sounded like too much work, now and in the future. So I settled on powder coated aluminium pool fencing - a bit more expensive and requires a fair amount of cutting to get it down the the size I needed, but the end result is pretty good, and Vicki likes it :)

PH-35.jpg

Just need to finish off the two end sections and this part of the build will be finished.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Very nice work there Mj you have some handyman skill that is for sure. Hopefully you braced the floor enough for the future plans. You may have to trim the trees above as they may shade out the future solar tubes :p

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Very nice work there Mj you have some handyman skill that is for sure. Hopefully you braced the floor enough for the future plans. You may have to trim the trees above as they may shade out the future solar tubes :p
Dunno if he's left enough room for us to install a 70something inch telly and a bar in there. At least he's got the drunk exit covered. Reefuge meeting place 2013? :D

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Dunno if he's left enough room for us to install a 70something inch telly and a bar in there. At least he's got the drunk exit covered. Reefuge meeting place 2013? :D
More than welcome - we might have to make it 'invitation only' though as I think it would be a bit squashy 30+ people in it.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Long weekend so I thought I would attack the internal plastering. If someone had told me that it would take 3 days to line out the inside I would have laughed at them - but that is how long it took me to finish the job :eek It is so damn time consuming measuring the plaster, cutting and installing. Admittedly, I made it a bit harder for myself by not having the noggins in the right places and needing to install numerous blocks as the original design was not intended to be lined.

PH-36.jpg

PH-37.jpg

It's a bit hard to take photo's in the confined space but you get the idea.

Next weekend will be patching up all the joins and start painting.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
It's never ending isnt it!! The finish line is close though, well done!!

More than welcome - we might have to make it 'invitation only' though as I think it would be a bit squashy 30+ people in it.
Better get started on planning the deck then ;)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
It's never ending isnt it!! The finish line is close though, well done!!

Better get started on planning the deck then ;)
The planning has already started - not for the playhouse though. My wife wants a glass sunroom/deck at the back of the house :eek

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Awesome work. I like your setup for putting up the ceiling as well!
Last time I had to do one, we used brooms :D
As I was working by myself it would be impossible to do without something to hold the sheet up - as you are no doubt aware plaster sheets are not light!!