Reef Discussion

KoralColor
ai936.photobucket.com_albums_ad202_aquaimage_COL250.jpg

Encourages Increased Coloration through Biochrome production in Corals, Clams, & thier Allies

Overview

• Provides numerous elements important to the formation of various biochromes
    (biological pigments), complex molecules that give coloration to plant and animal cells
    through their selective color-absorption and -reflection characteristics.
  • Formulated specifically to provide trace quantities of elements for gradual incorporation
    into, and formation of, biochromes known to occur within zooxanthellae, such as
    chlorophylls a and c, beta carotene, and xanthophylls.
  • Does not influence population density of zooxanthellae, which would put the overall
    health and survival of the host organism in a precarious situation.

This product is used by several coral farms in Australia and America due to the natural color production the product produces.

i use it on my tank, and so does a mate. A store i have just transferred over to brightwell in VIC started dosing his tank and he says the color of his Clams has just gone ballistic. Not very expensive at all, hard to say as i dont know RRP's but its probly a few dollars more than a decent calcium additive of the same size.

Hey Luke,

There are two dosing options as is the case with most of Brightwell Aquatics products. A simple and a recomended option., For Koral Colors dosing options please see below.

Simple:

Add 1ml Per 100L every 3 days

Recomended:

1 Drop Per 20L Daily

Hope this helps, as you can see in this fashion a 250ml bottle will last quite some time. There is Aproxx 20 drops per ml, thus meaning this bottle used as recomended could treat up to 95,000 Litres!

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
been using this product for a week now, interesting to see what changes if any.

Im dosing at the simple rate therefore have only dosed twice. Will go the recommended route and post any changes i notice.

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
This is one product I'm interested to give a test run on my frag setup. I've been meaning to for some time now to try it in conjunction with some of the Korallen-Zucht additives, however I do worry of the possible overrun of "trace elements" when using it in conjunction with things like KZ B-Balance (which itself is a complex of "trace elements"). I guess reduced dosing might be the order of the day for this. Shame that the word "proprietary" means the need to keep such things a secret, however ;)

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
Trace elements and major elements apparently, Greeny. So my guess is rather analogous to KZ B-Balance and Tropic-Marin K+ Elements.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
I have stopped using it for 2 weeks now as im using Zeovit now.

To be honest i used it from the very begginning when i added corals so its hard for me to say if it changed anything. Coral colour was great from the start and its very economical, i used it for 4 months daily and still have approx 1/3 left in the bottle.

I know Oceanarium use it in their tanks with great results.

Using the Zeovit has not improved anything over the koral color as yet as far as i can tell.