Reef Discussion

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
I reckon if they read Amino acid, that might pull them up.
Coral Vitalizer might be another.
Just depends on what they put on the customs forms I would think.

KirTracid

Aug 4, 2013
Best chance of getting anything similar through customs in USPS. I haven't done it in years but had a bunch of stuff confiscated through private couriers, but could always get it through the good ole US postal service hehe.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
BRS is the worse place to try and get anything through, they label everything as animal supplies, which then gets inspected and even GFO gets pinged unless you can supply the import documents.

The argument I had with customs went along the line of anything that has an intended use on pets or items which may become food is regulated, human food and items have no such restrictions. To simplify that if you bring in spiritual for human consumption there are no standards, if you bring it in for your fish then it needs to be fully certified.......

So technically we are no allowed any additives what so ever unless you have the MDS's, according to customs, even if those same additives are commercially available here already.

So not that I guess it can be encouraged, but if one were to try and order online from overseas you are better off buying through companies that list the items as electronic goods as they go through without inspection in the majority of cases, ie marine deport, aquariums specialties, sewatec and so on