Reef Discussion

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Yeah - I used it a few years back to fix elevated levels. I ran out of RowaPhos on the weekend and have gone back to Lath. I don't have a real issue at the moment so am hoping small daily doses will keep it under control.

Kenneth

Dec 16, 2013
Yeah - I used it a few years back to fix elevated levels. I ran out of RowaPhos on the weekend and have gone back to Lath. I don't have a real issue at the moment so am hoping small daily doses will keep it under control.
From what I've read it's been used for years in large reef tanks no dramas at all,I dose it into ex/canister filter then outlet goes into skimmer

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I used to dose into the skimmer outlet, which was fed into a sock. Now I dose directly into the skimmer neck (theory being it will circulate in there amounts the foam until it binds and is skimmed out).

Plan is to never drop below 0.05 AND be using Lath - with PO4 in the system you know that when you dose it has something to bind to so you shouldn't end up with excess in the water column.

Longer term I'll be looking into using Carbon to drop both nitrates and Phos to balanced levels.

Kenneth

Dec 16, 2013
I used to dose into the skimmer outlet, which was fed into a sock. Now I dose directly into the skimmer neck (theory being it will circulate in there amounts the foam until it binds and is skimmed out).

Plan is to never drop below 0.05 AND be using Lath - with PO4 in the system you know that when you dose it has something to bind to so you shouldn't end up with excess in the water column.

Longer term I'll be looking into using Carbon to drop both nitrates and Phos to balanced levels.
Thats spot on I'm hoping in the long term pellet reactor and carbon will take over I've only seen precip once been careful since

Kenneth

Dec 16, 2013
Thats spot on I'm hoping in the long term pellet reactor and carbon will take over I've only seen precip once been careful since
The missus was just asking on Saturday how emperor is going any chance of photo when you have a chance please ?

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Sure - I'll try and get a pic. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to move it on - it's nipping to softies (which I can almost forgive) but would have killed the LPS (which I want more of) had I not caged the coral.

You want it back?

I'll try and remember to get a pic tonight, but it's still fat and healthy.

Kenneth

Dec 16, 2013
Sure - I'll try and get a pic. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to move it on - it's nipping to softies (which I can almost forgive) but would have killed the LPS (which I want more of) had I not caged the coral.

You want it back?

I'll try and remember to get a pic tonight, but it's still fat and healthy.
That's a shame beautiful fish the only thing it nipped in my tank was cataphilias now I have a powder blue doing the same I want to keep it :(