Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
That last pic is the one we like.
Nice to see the history of a tank in pics like that @leodb89 :)
Thanks mate :) not bad for an iPhone pic haha yeah there are times where I wish I didn't go through the crash but it got me to where I am today and I learnt a lot from it and I'd like to share all the ups and downs smiles and frowns

JimmmyDannng

Feb 21, 2013
Sydney
Just went through you thread, it's come a long way mate, had a mad green algae problem though ay. Despite that, the update fts says alot, you've been keeping up with the hard work to get it to look like that. Fish and corals look really healthy; have a go at that red scolly and the goni farm mate.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Just went through you thread, it's come a long way mate, had a mad green algae problem though ay. Despite that, the update fts says alot, you've been keeping up with the hard work to get it to look like that. Fish and corals look really healthy; have a go at that red scolly and the goni farm mate.
I try keep it as simple as possible I go through probs here and there but get a lot support from the guys on here to help me understand my tank more I think mainly it's due to some of the equipment, the deltec and the phosban reactor are doing a killer job I rarely do water changes as you can tell my levels aren't where they should be but I'm working with a friend to determine the right dosage to get things in check
Being so over stocked will surely have some negative side effects in the time to come but hopefully I can prevent them :)

Thanks everyone again for the kind words honestly I'm not one to praise myself or acknowledge my achievements and I probably never will but I look at my tank and I smile and that's the best feeling for me...if you speak to anyone about my past tanks the fact that I can even keep my corals and stuff happy is even a rewarding feeling lol my last tanks were the laughing stock

Now just for some healthy coralline and lower the phosphates a little more to try keep some poccis and a couple SPS frags

Other than this I have 2 more impulse buys coming Wednesday but once that's in I'm hoping I stop buying or ill need a bigger tank lol..

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
its a personal thing man. I like my tanks quite open with little going on, you like yours quite full with alot going on. The tank look fantastic mate, not saying anything remotely otherwise, just how I prefer tanks to look.

I am boring :)

Haha na not boring mate I really like open scaped tanks but with a cube it just seems like the only way to a cube it to cram as much in as possible, if I had a 4ft I would defs have an open scape with few corals but a crap load of fish haha

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Leo mate its looking the goods ;) where did you get that red goni?
Was on the classifieds of another forum I think the name of the guy was reefer.anonymous he was selling up and sold the larger purple and red to me I've seen better reds but this one is still awesome especially like Elias said, side by side they look great

LEG-IT

Feb 12, 2012
Bossley Park
Haha na not boring mate I really like open scaped tanks but with a cube it just seems like the only way to a cube it to cram as much in as possible, if I had a 4ft I would defs have an open scape with few corals but a crap load of fish haha
Lies lies lies
I managed not to cram my tank full of rock :P and yet i've only got a pair of bloated clowns!

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
Hey Leo, I dreamt about your tank last night. Is that wrong? I feel a little dirty. I walked up to my tank this morning and I think it senses the betrayal. :(

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Haha wow that's kinda weird but that's hilarious the clown was talking I'd pay money to see that dream

Which goni were u dreaming of lol

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
BOTH.... the green and the red one together!! The clown was awesome, he even had an Italian accent.