Tank Journal Archive

Light Upgrade
so I finally gave in, bit the bullet and did it.

Radion XR30 Gen 4 pro's
Should do the tank nicely.

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

Tank has been drained and the roof repairs start tomorrow. Hopefully Friday Arvo it's on like Donkey Kong and my long awaited new tank will be scaped and filled for the last time.

Thanks @daveH for the help today with the setup and install. He gets me in more trouble then I'd like to mention.... nah not really. Just copied his car his lights his tank.....

Last edited:

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Nice mate-Interesting choice in light format.
What's a LED unit worth these days?
What features do they come with?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
so I finally gave in, bit the bullet and did it.

Radion XR30 Gen 4 pro's
Should do the tank nicely.

View attachment 55969

View attachment 55970

View attachment 55971
Tank has been drained and the roof repairs start tomorrow. Hopefully Friday Arvo it's on like Donkey Kong and my long awaited new tank will be scaped and filled for the last time.

Thanks @daveH for the help today with the setup and install. He gets me in more trouble then I'd like to mention.... nah not really. Just copied his car his lights his tank.....
It's so good to see you make such good choices mate haha.
Can't wait to see the new tank up and running - it's going to be a real showpiece.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
If Dave jumped off a cliff, would you too? hahahahahaha sorry mate - couldn't help it.

Can't go wrong copying fine taste, I honestly think you guys will see a big improvement over the etherals. Both in colour and growth

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
You two are bloody peas in a pod! :P they're fantastic lights so you certainly won't go wrong!

And Sam, only if there's something reef related at the bottom of the cliff hahaha

Nice mate-Interesting choice in light format.
What's a LED unit worth these days?
What features do they come with?
I got them for a steal, $1600 for the two units and the brackets... So that why I did it, if I had to pay $2800 for the same stuff in a shop I @daveH would have been on his own. They are not cheap lights, I was looking for a gen 2 or 3 setup but again, at that price I just had to do it.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I got them for a steal, $1600 for the two units and the brackets... So that why I did it, if I had to pay $2800 for the same stuff in a shop I @daveH would have been on his own. They are not cheap lights, I was looking for a gen 2 or 3 setup but again, at that price I just had to do it.
Very nice and very capable lights. You will enjoy them.