Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Lighting
Hi, I am looking to get another tank, the light that comes with it is not that good, so i will replace it,I am looking for suggestions please, 4foot, 400lt tank, to keep all types of coral

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
What's your budget? Does it need to be new or are you open to second hand lights? Any other requirements, such as power consumption, heat or against any technologies (some hate t5, halide, led etc.)

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
What's your budget? Does it need to be new or are you open to second hand lights? Any other requirements, such as power consumption, heat or against any technologies (some hate t5, halide, led etc.)
I would like to keep it under the 1000 mark, I have a maxspect 1600 razor on my another tank, I have it hanging from the ceiling , which is good, just wondering if anything is better, need to keep heat down as i have a warm house

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Hmm ok, if you have a warm house and want to keep all corals including SPS, that will limit your options to led's only. Do you have any heating issues currently with your other tank?

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Hmm ok, if you have a warm house and want to keep all corals including SPS, that will limit your options to led's only. Do you have any heating issues currently with your other tank?
in summer i have to run fans on the sump and up the ducted

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Run the t5s and keep an eye out for some leds to supplement the tank.

I'd run the leds the same as you do on your other tank, look to switch the t5s on for the central part of the day. If heat is a worry that could be 2-4 hours or in the cooler months 4-6 hours.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Run the t5s and keep an eye out for some leds to supplement the tank.

I'd run the leds the same as you do on your other tank, look to switch the t5s on for the central part of the day. If heat is a worry that could be 2-4 hours or in the cooler months 4-6 hours.
thanks, new tank comes today,i hope, so i guess i have a project , new home for these fellows , getting rid of my 120lt
IMG_2297.jpg