Tank Journal Archive

Jake89

Aug 17, 2016
Nowra
Lights Are Coming Along And Tank Is A Bit Wet.
Finally got around to building the frame for the lights. I used the same aluminium used for the heatsink and used jb weld and riveted to hold it all together. Still need to tidy up the wiring.
20170312_135627.jpg

I decided to use galvanised pipe with 90 degree fittings to hang the light from but it's just a tiny fraction to big to fit in the brackets on the back of the stand.

20170312_201901.jpg

The tank is slowly getting wet. I'm collecting water whenever I get a chance. I got my hands on a jebao wp40 so that is in the tank with a little bit of live rock and some dried base rock to seed it. Think I'll hunt around for a bit more live rock that actually has some life in it. The rock I picked up had nothing but coraline and a little bit of macro.

Jake89

Aug 17, 2016
Nowra
Looks good bud
Cheers mate. Really can't wait to get some livestock in there. The tank has been wet since Friday and I still haven't got an ammonia or nitrite reading. The rock seemed like it was fully cycled when it went in and looked like it had been at the store for a while so fingers crossed I just skip the cycle all together. I'll still give it a few weeks anyway just in case. I'm planning on getting some better quality rock from another shop as well so that will probably cause a bit of a spike.

Jake89

Aug 17, 2016
Nowra
The first inhabitants have arrived.
20170319_184615.jpg
20170319_184623.jpg
the hair algae has decided to turn up as well so I'll be chasing up some clean up crew in the next few days. Anyone got any recommendations? I used to have a sea cucumber in my 5 foot tank and would love to get another one but not sure if this tank is big enough. Don't want it slowly starving.