Tank Journal Archive

KoNP

Jan 5, 2015
Lights Are Hung And 100% Complete!!
Here's a shot with the moonlights on (sorry about potato quality, the lights are on very dim so the camera didn't have much to work with):

ai.imgur.com_xer5Aqy.jpg

Top left-hand corner is the Jarduino controller (not in its final position, just sitting there so the lights could work). It ramps the moonlights up and down based on the phase of the moon on the current date and time, it's awesome. Currently it's a first quarter, 58.4% of full illumination. In person it's a very dim, soft royal blue colour. Barely enough to make out details in the tank, but not so bright that the inhabitants think it's daytime.

Also, the Lumia 5.2 pucks put out a fucking STUPID amount of light. I'm not likely to ever drive them past maybe 2/5 to 1/2 of their full brightness, for "high noon" brightness. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to build lights.

Reactions: Rob

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Awesome mate!! I love the updates so far and the lights sound pretty fantastic :D
I'd love to see a shot of them at high noon to see how bright they are!

E

ezza

Ooh. I must see more potatoes!!! This looks cool. I would so love to go down the arduino road some day.