Reef Discussion

Live Mysid shrimp!
Hi Guys,

I have a steady supply of shrimp from the mysida group. individuals are between 5 and 15mm long, with the occasional slightly larger individual in the swarm. I thought I would put the word out there and see if anyone is interested in feeder shrimp?

These are a great addition to a tank, fish will eat them, more aggressive corals will eat them, and those that aren't eaten will readily colonise a sump/fuge.

a 30ml order will contain a shot glass (30ml) of pure shrimp, in about 300ml of water treated with Cloramex, so they can be sent Australia wide via express post. They can be fed all at once, or kept in a net/mesh covered container floating in the tank until needed.

30ml- $6.
60ml- $10.
Freight: $12 (including ice brick for temperature regulation). You must be in the Australia Post express post network to receive this order overnight.

Cheers all!
Ryan

deL

Mar 3, 2013
Canberra, ACT
I have some mysids but they are much smaller and probably of a different species. Do you have any photos so I can confirm? I think I am interested in quite a large order of these :D How many individuals would you say are on average included in a 30mL shot?

hahaha @Luke I actually LOL'ed with that overkrill statement... must be the nitrogen in my brain from the 3 hours of scuba diving I did today!!

They will be fine all in the sump mate. As they spawn and reproduce they will spread through the system, and the youngins will make good food :)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I guess Ryan is out on a boat somewhere lol

I'm not sure what size bag I have paid for I'm guessing only a 500g so when you guys make payment get Ryan to up it to a 3kg.

You had better sort out a pickup time too I don't want to kill everyone's mysid too!