Reef Discussion

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
My nano is about that size. I've got about 8kg in it. Everything I read said at least 1kg per 10l was good, so I went a bit over.

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
if you work on a minimum of one third it would suffice. more than that will obviously help to. I cant see any reason why you could "over do it"

About 6-8 kilos should be good. To much live rock can have alot of detirius buildup. When you aquascape it. Try to have a good amount of flow around the base of the rock.

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
If the live rock has a lot of detrius on it at purchase you are best to "rinse" it off. just get a bucket of SW (natural or artificial doesnt matter, natural would prob be better as its free and you will basically dispose the water after, or you can strain it) and give it a shake, scrub before it goes in the tank. having it "clean" nakes it a lot better before putting in the display tank as it wont cloud the water. this does settle but it leaves crap all over the bed. rinsing and a gentle scrub wont hurt to much of the cultures etc. and it should build up life quite quickly.