Tank Journal Archive

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Livestock Thread
I'll update this thread as I add livestock. (Which isn't very often!) :p

The monti and little blue stag frag are the latest editions, first dip into SPS so hope I can do okay.

Here's some photos of current livestock in the tank

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Oh I wish I had your hammers!!
Thanks! They've "grown" on me haha
I look at the tank these days and they kinda just look like one multi colored big hammer as there growing amongst each other.

This is my favourite angle as it shows them more individually
image.jpg

jart

Apr 10, 2015
Wow, saw your post from a few days ago and enjoyed seeing such large and gorgeous hammers. They must love the way you keep your tank! Then saw these new pics and even more blown away. Well done. :worship

Do you have any idea how many "heads" are on the various hammers (combined) when they are all retracted? Approx how wide are the hammers (combined) from one side to the other?

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Wow, saw your post from a few days ago and enjoyed seeing such large and gorgeous hammers. They must love the way you keep your tank! Then saw these new pics and even more blown away. Well done. :worship

Do you have any idea how many "heads" are on the various hammers (combined) when they are all retracted? Approx how wide are the hammers (combined) from one side to the other?
Wow thanks Jart appreciate it.

I had a rough count the other night when they retracted a bit and lost count at about 20-30 I think.
The third from the left is a wall hammer and the Orange hammer is still just one head.
The two on the left and the wall are starting to sprout a lot of tiny heads out of the skeleton as well. I look at them thinking gosh where are they going to go! Haha.

The tanks is 43cm so I'd guess combined they'd be about 30-35cm

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Awesome pics! How is the Mandarin going?
That pic of the Blenny in the power head makes me very nervous :eek My old Blenny used to do that when I used to have my power heads cycling on/off at 1 minute intervals. I changed it to a much smaller interval so he wouldn't try and call it home.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Awesome pics! How is the Mandarin going?
That pic of the Blenny in the power head makes me very nervous :eek My old Blenny used to do that when I used to have my power heads cycling on/off at 1 minute intervals. I changed it to a much smaller interval so he wouldn't try and call it home.
Thanks!
Mandarin has been tough, hasn't taken to pellets yet. Bought about 5 different packs of frozen food and mix a cube of each together to give him a variety to eat from. He doesn't get much though, the damn cleaner shrimp smells everything a mile away and mops it all up. Feeding as often as I can to keep him fed but the tank isn't liking the over feeding.
Haha yea that's the blennys favorite spot! Whenever I turn it off to feed the Mandarin he immediately sits up in there, makes me nervous to that I'll forget he's there and turn it back on.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Absolutely devastated today, found my female clown was missing which was very strange as she is always at the front swimming around. After a search I found her under a rock dead. Have no idea what might have happened, she showed no signs of illness or stress. The pair were tank bred and the first fish I ever got about 5 years ago.
Thought I'd just post a pic here to remember her.

image.jpg