Tank Journal Archive

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Livestock
Ok after patiently waiting tank is cycled. So have purchased my first livestock, I had to control myself to not purchase to many items to not create another spike.

These are my first additions:

I believe this is a frogspawn coral, but i would love to have its correct scientific name if one one can inform me that will be much appreciated.

Had a bit of trouble getting him in the perfect spot

photo 2.JPG

But after some quick info soon found his home

photo.JPG

Also have purchase to hermit crabs, not sure what kind they are as well but they got to work straight away. Will be getting a couple turbo snail to help them get rid of the algae.

photo copy 2.JPG

photo copy.JPG

Last edited:

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Hey guys I have a fairly big algae bloom, now that the tank is cycled. I want to get a CUC in immediately to take care of it. What would you recommend ?

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I started off with about 10, couple have been eaten by bristle worms... On a 3ft tank. I feed fairly regularly and there's an abalone in there who eats a tonne. My tank has quite a bit of algae growth so perhaps start off small. They clean up, so sometimes only come out at night. Turbos are also hard workers and multiply pretty fast (I don't have any but used to have two in my tank)

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Some more additions to the tank. These will be the last additions for a few weeks.

Again if you could give me there names that would be great :) I do get there names in store but i always forget them in the excitement of getting hem into my tank

photo 1 (1).JPG

photo 2 (1).JPG

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
image.jpg

First SPS, fingers crossed. Calcium and alkalinity are both 400 and 11
Ill be continually the day dosage of calcium and skip a day with alk.

Ill also continue the 4 day water changes so fairly confident with its survival.

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
So now my GHA problem is under control the Yellow tang is heading back to the LFS. Though its hard to let him go, it does make me happy that I will be able to add a new fish :).

Not sure what I'm after, i have two fish in mind. They are the six line wrasse or the flame hawkfish.

Any other suggestion will be nice to hear

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
image.jpg
image.jpg
Elegance and six line wrasse. Look great in the tank, excellent additions to the tank. The wrasse is very active great splash of colour.

Last edited:

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
The elegance will do better on its side on the sand bed in a low flow area.
Nice little wrasse:)-.

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
In that photo it doesn't look to happy but its just opening back after feeding. All the information says they prefer the placement you described. But its fully open and seems happy and looks great in the position its in. So ill mostly likely leave it there until other signs point to something different.