Tank Journal Archive

Mar 10, 2014
Long Time Since Posted!
2[/ATTACH]
IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0486.JPG
It's been a few years since I was looking at this forum and reading through I remembered how much I really enjoy this hobby and my tank but had lost the time to really enjoy it. For the past few weeks I was thinking of selling my tank only due to travel and time but I just can't give it up. It's now almost 10 years old so needs an upgrade and there have been losses like my clams, my beautiful nem who passed away after 8 years with me. I have decided to maybe downsize and make the maintenance more manageable....appreciate any comments on this!

Here are a few updated pictures....tank has been modified a bit as I eventually got those LED lights

Attachments

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Welcome back to the refugee. By the look of your tank it's to beautiful to give up.
If anything you need to upgrade because it looks like you have run out of space.

Mar 10, 2014
IMG_0518.PNG
IMG_0512.JPG
Yesterday I did a major make over. removed all the mushrooms (20) off the back glass, split some of the large pieces and re-scaped. Went to see the guys at Marine Plus and picked up a couple of new goodies to fill in some spaces.

Played around with my AI lights a bit but not really sure if i need to increase any of the colours. Value opinions? I was also going to cut the leather today facing the back but was told to leave him and he will spin around in a few days!
IMG_0513.JPG

Mar 10, 2014
Welcome back to the refugee. By the look of your tank it's to beautiful to give up.
If anything you need to upgrade because it looks like you have run out of space.
Yes but unfortunately moving into my new home hopefully in May and not sure what to do as we want to travel more in the future so need to look at sustainability if I'm away for unto a month. The new Redsea 250 with sump and top up below look easier to manage than my current one. Could ba an option.