Made Some Big Changes

Discussion in 'Nano Reef Tanks' started by daveH, Aug 28, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    I had the shits with the tank and and it was looking crappy, so I made some changes.
    First of all I removed half the rock, I was looking for a more open clean look.
    Then I put in a layer of whiter fine sand which really picked up the appearance (of both tanks).
    Then I sold back my blenny and my bangaii - they were both getting way too big for the tank, especially the blenny he was starting to look stressed (which was stressing me).
    I have also changed to NSW, which is one of the best things I could have done. The corals are loving it - I'm actually surprised by the difference. Plus it's therapy to go and get my own water now!!
    I've moved my little pair of gold banded maroon clowns into the bigger tank on their own and the black and white ocellaris clowns now own the Yasha. Maybe they might think about breeding.
    I'm now deciding on a fish or two to go in the main tank - haven't made up my mind yet. Something special maybe?
    I've got one my super-duper reactors runining NPX and Purigen and seem to be helping things along nicely.

Some crappy iphone pics - you get the general idea.
    60cm-tank.jpg
    And the yasha - which is also serving as a bit of a repair tank for a few corals.
    36L-tank.jpg
    So all is not too bad for the moment.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Aspidites

Aspidites Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +293
    Australia
    State:
    WA
  3. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4,679
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
  4. Wrangy

Wrangy Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,010
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    Looking good mate :) Fingers crossed that they start to breed too!
  5. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    I was thinking playing some Barry White in low tones after their lights go out of a night. :rolleyes
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Wrangy

Wrangy Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,010
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    That should definitely get them in the mood :rolleyes I mean how can anyone resist the sound of that man's voice ;)
    • Like Like x 1