Reef Discussion

scottme

Apr 26, 2015
Lake Maquarie
Magnesium Chloride
Hi all,
Does anyone have a few kg of Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate salt left from a bulk buy or otherwise they would like to sell or thinking about a group buy?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
yep - how much do you need. I have approx 30kg of both Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate and Magnesium Sulphate. How much you chasing?

E

ezza

Oh wow Sam!!! You could have very relaxed healthy muscles and teeth!!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Not sure what it is, but seems like every hobby I get into I always end up with stockpiles of unusual chemicals... I'm fairly sure I'm already being watched by the people in trench coats from when I was racing with a fuel (well not actually a fuel, but an explosive) nitro-methane. It's not illegal,but is very dangerous in the wrong hands - so my consumption levels were closely monitored!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Next thing Sam will be running a pool and landscaping business to acquire chemicals and fertilizer :D

And now to actually contribute to the topic....
@slin1977 I am sure @chimaera bought some recently because he needed to raise the nitrate levels in his tank.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Not sure what it is, but seems like every hobby I get into I always end up with stockpiles of unusual chemicals... I'm fairly sure I'm already being watched by the people in trench coats from when I was racing with a fuel (well not actually a fuel, but an explosive) nitro-methane. It's not illegal,but is very dangerous in the wrong hands - so my consumption levels were closely monitored!
Next thing Sam will be running a pool and landscaping business to acquire chemicals and fertilizer :D

And now to actually contribute to the topic....
@slin1977 I am sure @chimaera bought some recently because he needed to raise the nitrate levels in his tank.
You ought to see the shit I have to go through to buy a 55 gallon drum of methanol here in the US. Most of the cops know me, I work on their service arms, so it's never an issue, but crikey, to buy it there are 5 forms. I have enough fertilizer and diesel at the farm to make Maryland a distant memory, lol.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
You ought to see the shit I have to go through to buy a 55 gallon drum of methanol here in the US. Most of the cops know me, I work on their service arms, so it's never an issue, but crikey, to buy it there are 5 forms. I have enough fertilizer and diesel at the farm to make Maryland a distant memory, lol.
Bah, methanol is easy!!! That is just used to cut the nitro down to 90% strength. We used to buy a couple 55gal barrels of it at a time, but it has a tendency to absorb moisture fairly quickly. So after that, we started buying 100lt a time off a local speedway shop who were turning it over quickly (speedway fuel of choice) so it was super fresh :)

Anyway - back on topic, if anyone is after any of the AQUARIUM related chemicals, let me know and I'll work out what the cost me.

scottme

Apr 26, 2015
Lake Maquarie
Hehe. Gone are the days you could stockpile ridiculous amounts of stupendous chemicals without anyone batting an eyelid.

I guess I'm after enough for a good few months, so about 3-4kg. My 6 x 1.5 x 1.5 tank is just under 2 weeks old and has a smallish number of softies, so that should keep me going for a while. I'll pm you!

Cheers,
Scott.

Last edited: