Tank Journal Archive

Clarityreef

Mar 22, 2015
Maroon Clown Vs Torch Coral Vs Bta
Right after I added the little maroon he decided the torch was a great place host a home. Scared me a little cause in previous posts of other peoples torch and clowns I thought the Torch wasnt going to make it. 1 week in the torch doing fine, still opening fully to the waves of the vortech. PHEW!
But I thought just in case, purchase a BTA hoping that he would eventually move on. This was a chance willing to take considering how much the anenomes costed me.
BTA is doing well feeding a little piece of fresh squid every few days.

Then...

Today to my surprise I come home to find my Maroon clown rubbing and rolling in the BTA, the BTA opened as big as ever.

Could this be a host match??

fingers crossed.

Attachments

Last edited:

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Looks good!

Now, enjoy getting nipped every time you stick more than a mm of skin in the tank :p

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
HAHA, He's been pretty good still coming for a feed...
Give it time ;) Once they are bigger its like the Running of the Bulls every time you stick your hand in the tank - or even against the glass. They are just lucky they are so good looking!

E

ezza

I really like the colour of this anemone. It's lovely.

Clarityreef

Mar 22, 2015
I have never seen the interaction between a clown and it host. Such amazing symbiosis happening in my tank!
The clown rolls, cleans and feeds the anenome. Just yesterday I watched the clown 'guide' and encourage the BTA move further up the tank.
Wonderful