Tank Journal Archive

Tom H

Jan 3, 2016
Gisborne
Maxspect 130 Gyre Goes In
This morning I installed the Maxspect Gyre. So far so good, very happy with the water movement and low noise. Seems to be working nicely mounted vertically on pulsing mode at 30% power.

Sorry about the shaky video, I was just home from night shift and didn't yet have my caffeine concentration right!

E

ezza

This morning I installed the Maxspect Gyre. So far so good, very happy with the water movement and low noise. Seems to be working nicely mounted vertically on pulsing mode at 30% power.

Sorry about the shaky video, I was just home from night shift and didn't yet have my caffeine concentration right!
You have a cute voice ;) nice little show and tell :) good luck!

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
hey @Tom H are you happy with the surface agitation?

I noticed you have the 2 wavemakers, do you intend to switch them on too? or just Gyre?

How much you bought it for? where from?

Tom H

Jan 3, 2016
Gisborne
Surface agitation seems pretty good, I can always move the gyre a bit higher if I need to. The two holes at the top are the return pump outlets which are a change from the old Cade design. I paid 330 for the Gyre. I'm sure I probably could have found it cheaper, but I wanted to support my LFS and be able to ask them for advice and support if I had any trouble with the set up.

Tom H

Jan 3, 2016
Gisborne
Love the narration
My wife's amused about how obsessed I am with a tank with nothing in it. If she knew I was posting YouTube videos about it, she would probably question her choice of husband!

E

ezza

My wife's amused about how obsessed I am with a tank with nothing in it. If she knew I was posting YouTube videos about it, she would probably question her choice of husband!
Honey, I'm sure that's not enough to question the husband! I just asked my husband to have sex and he told me he would after the last 14 balls of the cricket. Hopefully he will now go to bed with blue balls, because I have other things to do now too.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Honey, I'm sure that's not enough to question the husband! I just asked my husband to have sex and he told me he would after the last 14 balls of the cricket. Hopefully he will now go to bed with blue balls, because I have other things to do now too.
Cricket and sex at the same time seems like a pretty good solution to me!