Reef Discussion

E

ezza

Maxspect R4z0r Light Issue
Hello fish friends,

I noticed this evening that one of the light modules in my razor is looking sick. It's actually only one diode out of the group and I am not sure what to do. It appears the lens cover has melted/warped and I'm not sure if the diode itself is ill. There is a miscolouring and it's quite deformed.

Clues? Hints? Advice?

image.jpeg

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I had this same thing happen with some Cree UV LEDs that I had in a DYI unit.
The lens went brown in the center just like that - it didn't seem to effect the light output.
I'm surprised to see it happen in a commercial unit - I would contact Maxspect, I've found they are very good at replying to customer queries.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I had this same thing happen with some Cree UV LEDs that I had in a DYI unit.
I have also had the same thing happen to some of mine, but I understand that they have now fixed the issue.

You can get replacement LED pads for the Razor so you might want to talk to the place of purchase. Or, you might just want to live with one bad LED :rolleyes

E

ezza

I have also had the same thing happen to some of mine, but I understand that they have now fixed the issue.

You can get replacement LED pads for the Razor so you might want to talk to the place of purchase. Or, you might just want to live with one bad LED :rolleyes
I bought it from one of our fellow reefers here, I'll have a chat to ... Someone ... Somewhere, sometime soon!