Reef Discussion

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Meanwell LDD Constant Current LED Drivers
For anyone who might be thinking of using the LDD-H drivers on a future build, would you be interested in buying a PCB to mount them, like this:

Revised5upLDD-HDriver_zps666a881e.png

Each board, which is 10cm x 10cm holds 5 drivers and will cost around $4 each, not including local postage. The final price will depend on the numbers ordered and the postage from China.

I will be ordering 10, which is the minimum number, but if 10 people would be interested in buying 2 or more then I am prepared to order more, and thus reduce the unit cost. I am not after a commitment, just a genuine interest in buying some.

Cheers

newbiereef

Nov 8, 2011
gracemere
For anyone who might be thinking of using the LDD-H drivers on a future build, would you be interested in buying a PCB to mount them, like this:

View attachment 10945

Each board, which is 10cm x 10cm holds 5 drivers and will cost around $4 each, not including local postage. The final price will depend on the numbers ordered and the postage from China.

I will be ordering 10, which is the minimum number, but if 10 people would be interested in buying 2 or more then I am prepared to order more, and thus reduce the unit cost. I am not after a commitment, just a genuine interest in buying some.

Cheers
1 will take one board

also question what type of power supp;y do you advise for the drivers LDD-1000H (2-52V / 1000mA) - Model 6, $8.80 :-) cheers once again for all your advice

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
1 will take one board

also question what type of power supp;y do you advise for the drivers LDD-1000H (2-52V / 1000mA) - Model 6, $8.80 :) cheers once again for all your advice
I think I might have to make up an Excel calculator :rolleyes I will see how I go later but, in summary, you need to add up the current draw, the total wattage and the required volts and then source a supply that exceeds all these :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
If I have this right, all of the first order of boards have been spoken for:

@macca_75 - 6
@Rob - 3
@newbiereef - 1
@rockerpeller - 2
@Synodontis - 5

That leaves 3 for me :) These went quicker than I expected :eek

I have sent an email off to see if I can add some more IC sockets to the order - does everyone want these? They are about $0.60 each, and you will need 5 for each board. I have also ordered 200 x 2 way screw terminals - does everyone want these?? They are about $0.20 each and you will need 10 for each board.

The boards ended up being $3.95 each - so the total cost with IC socket and screw terminals will be around $9. And then there is the cost for me to solder all these parts together :p

newbiereef

Nov 8, 2011
gracemere
If I have this right, all of the first order of boards have been spoken for:

@macca_75 - 6
@Rob - 3
@newbiereef - 1
@rockerpeller - 2
@Synodontis - 5

That leaves 3 for me :) These went quicker than I expected :eek

I have sent an email off to see if I can add some more IC sockets to the order - does everyone want these? They are about $0.60 each, and you will need 5 for each board. I have also ordered 200 x 2 way screw terminals - does everyone want these?? They are about $0.20 each and you will need 10 for each board.

The boards ended up being $3.95 each - so the total cost with IC socket and screw terminals will be around $9. And then there is the cost for me to solder all these parts together :p
done deal count me in (small cost + beer money :-) )
let me know total and i will flash u some cash thanks

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
I will not actually be using mine (only ordered to put in the cupboard) so if anyone really wants to use these @Buddy you can have 2 of my 3. I would only want the blank circuit boards no sockets/terminals. I would probably solder direct if I were to ever use them.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I'm keen for 2 boards for use at a later date, if another order goes through. Only just read this now

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Count me in on the extras Shane. Don't worry about soldering though. I'll be doing a fair bit of soldering so I'll solder these up while I'm at it.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I realise I'm late coming in on this, but if you end up with a second order, can you put me down for 2 (plus the extra bits). Thanks Shane.