Tank Journal Archive

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Mitras Meets The Profilux Interface Card
Had some time today so thought I would install my Christmas present, A GHL PWC interface card so my 2 Mitras lights can be controlled by my Profilux 3.1N.

Installing the card was a snap, set it up as address 1 then set both Mitras LX6100HV lights to "slave" mode and set address to 3,4. The PWC card is shown lying flat prior to installation.
ghlpwm.JPG

Updating the software failed twice through the GHL control centre so ended up using their "flash" program.. Worked 1st time so think I will just use flash for subsequent updates. (I use RS232 for any firmware updates.)

illumination.png

As a bonus the new firmware has a great dosing feature which has a web front end. Now to connect my dosing pumps up to the profilux outputs instead of the dosing controller I currently use. My profilux simply has 4 relay outputs which will control the pumps. Hopefully get that connected over the next month. Anyhow here is the interface
dose.png

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
@ReeferRob Its my GHL Profilux aquarium computer. It allows me to control various devices within the aquarium. You really have 3 main choices of aquarium computers GHL, APEX or Reefangel (which is more of a hackers paradise).

It has a wireless link to the Vortech pumps and now through this thread a wireless links to my Mitras LED's. This radio transmission stuff is great, hardly any connections are required to plug into the controller anymore. My old DIY LED's had about 10 connections to the controller.

I am a GHL (Profilux) fan boy and without hesitation buy another if they where to ever upgrade. Although GHL are super slow and have been really behind in web GUI tehnology they are finally starting to get a decent interface to what is a very robust and reliable platform.

I'm still waiting on the GHL feeder which I hope they bring out in 2015 to complete the system and my addiction to GHL stuff.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
You could have written that in Chinese and I'd have gotten the same out of it mate, lol. I don't do electronics in any way, shape, form or fashion. If it isn't plug and play, it's a recipe for disaster with me.

Reef

Dec 11, 2013
How do you set the address? i cant fine it in the profilux control?
i figured out that the mitras has to be a slave.

I got the PWC to work but not sure how the address are set

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
@Reef

PWC card address using "GHL Control Centre"

Select [System}
This shows a picture of your profilux and all the interface cards it has installed. My picture shows Serial, Redox and PWC.
Click on the [PWC icon] in the picture then this enables the configuration button. This allows you to select the communication channel and address.

pwc.png

Mitras Light menu -Address Setting
I think from memory using the interface on the light its under [System] [Wireless] then select [Slave] then select channel and address.