Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I feed every 3rd day, if what you're doing is working and don't have an algae problem, then keep on doing what works.
I have 9 fish and i feed a couple of pinches of pellets and a piece of seaweed in the morning and at night 2 cubes of brine shrimp and a small piece of prawn to the anemone ,is this 2 much or not enough ?

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
@Lesley took your advice and sticking with another round of plus & trace. If I get bored ill may try some redsea reef energy :)

My zoas have gone crazy good, plating monti' is now bonded to the rocks and starting to create multiple layers. I'm thinking my orange fugia is the dwarf polyp variety ;) well that's what I'm telling myself. Its body expands and goes quite plump but never really extends its polyps

Last edited:

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
If your fish are eating everything then I don't see any issues. when food falls on the bottom and goes uneaten, then it's a problem. Again, if it's working and you don't have a phosphate or nitrate problem, then keep on doing what's working. I would back off a little on the coral feeding, every other day is plenty.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
If your fish are eating everything then I don't see any issues. when food falls on the bottom and goes uneaten, then it's a problem. Again, if it's working and you don't have a phosphate or nitrate problem, then keep on doing what's working. I would back off a little on the coral feeding, every other day is plenty.
thanks i do have a nitrate problem, what would you feed?