Reef Discussion

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
no need for adaptor. the tunzes just take those 3 prong pc cords so you can swap that cord for the aus one :)
but imports means no warranty. well warranty that is to hard to deal with
Ah, cool. Someone should start a list of devices that use the PC cord power supply setup. I only found out by chance that the kessil lights are like that and so could purchase them from the US without issue.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Ah, cool. Someone should start a list of devices that use the PC cord power supply setup. I only found out by chance that the kessil lights are like that and so could purchase them from the US without issue.
majority of products can.
same with vortech pumps

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
the problem is all posts that have been made regarding the two products have been biased in some way.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
yer I thought that might be the case, it seems to be with everything, everyone rates what they have better than what someone else does. Thanks anyway. Think Tunze still have it though, I just like their gear

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i like both, i have owned both and i would buy both again. i was left preaty hurt with my last mp40... although i took the risk again and went with an mp10 on this build and its been excellent. my tunzes were also excellent not a drama at all

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
that article was written by vortech, alot called their methods incorrect , what is also why tunze did their own video actually demonstrating the flow

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I updated the link actually to the original Advanced Aquarist article. It wasn't written by Vortech, they just provided the tank and equipment - it was an AA study. I acknowledge there are some flaws to it perhaps, but still a useful reference.

My take on mp10 vs Tunze 6055 - if you want sexy, go mp10. If you want something that will last 10 years, go Tunze.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I updated the link actually to the original Advanced Aquarist article. It wasn't written by Vortech, they just provided the tank and equipment - it was an AA study. I acknowledge there are some flaws to it perhaps, but still a useful reference.

My take on mp10 vs Tunze 6055 - if you want sexy, go mp10. If you want something that will last 10 years, go Tunze.
all the basic info in one simple sentence :P